The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Are QMUL lenient on final grades?

I have a conditional offer of ABB for computer science at QMUL in maths, computer science and physics. I'm confident at maths and comp sci, but physics is looking really bad, so I was wondering if I got an A* in one of them, say A*AC or A*BC, or something like that, would they be lenient and still accept me?
At our sixth form we saw statistics that showed people got accepted with up to BBC for offers of ABB or something like that, but since mine is a competitive course I'm kind of worried whether they'll be as lenient to me?
Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.
Original post by SeriouslyAtomic
I have a conditional offer of ABB for computer science at QMUL in maths, computer science and physics. I'm confident at maths and comp sci, but physics is looking really bad, so I was wondering if I got an A* in one of them, say A*AC or A*BC, or something like that, would they be lenient and still accept me?
At our sixth form we saw statistics that showed people got accepted with up to BBC for offers of ABB or something like that, but since mine is a competitive course I'm kind of worried whether they'll be as lenient to me?

Not even QMUL will know for certain until they receive the A-level results.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by SeriouslyAtomic

Queen Mary is usually very lenient with entry requirements, but computer science is one of the exceptions where they're not that lenient. I've checked on UCAS and the lowest grade they've accepted in the Computer Science course is ABB, which corresponds to the contextual offer. There is still room for leniency though, but as the poster above points out, just how much will be decided once the results are in.

Quick Reply