This discussion is closed.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
ok, basically im trying to find a job i want to do when im older but im bloody hopeless at thinking. So im just wondering if any of you peeps can suggest anything. Basically im good at english so something that is based around english would be good. Just thorw jobs and what you do and that at me please.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lil penguin kid)
ok, basically im trying to find a job i want to do when im older but im bloody hopeless at thinking. So im just wondering if any of you peeps can suggest anything. Basically im good at english so something that is based around english would be good. Just thorw jobs and what you do and that at me please.
Teaching EAL.
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Journalist
rainjan_4now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the next shakespeare :rolleyes:
LPK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by rainjan_4now)
the next shakespeare :rolleyes:
id rather die!

whats EAL?
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Journalist
Teacher
Director of artistic expression at the local library
Accountant
Fire'person'
Doctor
Nurse
Self-Employed
TV Scheduler
Snooker Player
Dinner Lady
Carpenter
The Pope
Cow Boy
Butcher
Shelf Stacker
Model
Academic
Sex Toy Tester
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
radio DJ...they need to speak english pretty well.

do something outside...office work is boring, unless ur making some serious money.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lil penguin kid)
id rather die!

whats EAL?
English as additional language. You know teaching to refugees/immigrants.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Journalist
Teacher
Director of artistic expression at the local library
Accountant
Fire'person'
Doctor
Nurse
Self-Employed
TV Scheduler
Snooker Player
Dinner Lady
Carpenter
The Pope
Cow Boy
Butcher
Shelf Stacker
Model
Academic
Sex Toy Tester
Lmao, hilarious! :p:
Twaffy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lawyer
Dyakson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think you should read a load of interesting books, and look at noticeboards to find any trips to seminars or lectures by interesting people. Or even semi-interesting people. That might give you some inspiration as to a career goal.

One thing about careers: I don't know how life works for you, but I work much better with a definite goal in mind. i.e. when I was doing GCSEs, I was set on flying airliners for British Airways, which required GCSEs, hence I studied. When I was doing A-levels, I decided that airlining wasn't ideal for me, but design engineering would match my skills. Some sort of semi-definite goal helped motivate me through A-levels. And now, from my lofty vantagepoint as a first-year mech. eng. student, I'm thinking that working for a flight simulator manufacturer (the companies that make the flight sims for airlines and flight schools) would be a great job. I've not got a high expectation that it will still be my goal when I graduate, but it's motivating me now, which is all I need my goals to do.

Moral of the story: Find a motivating goal and work towards it, but don't worry about changing the goal as you progress!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads