Fashion help! Watch

This discussion is closed.
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
thanks, i will buy some jeans, the ones that have the faded kind of look, a hoody if i can find a good one, if not a tshirt and a zip up top. Also will probaly buy some white trainers.

Do you think matalan have any good clothes? I think they have the some good jeans cant remember the brand though.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah if you don't want to spend much then I guess so, I'm no expert on matalan, but I think if you wanted to get nice stuff, you would probably have to search quite hard, you don't want to jyst end up with a wardrobe full of tat!
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by james101)
Also will probaly buy some white trainers.
Dude, get some brown loafers, they're smart, but not too smart, if you get my drift. Can get some nice ones for £50 or so...
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thekillersrock)
No no no! people! stop suggesting that he wears layers! long sleeved tops under t-shirts are sooooo over! they were over last year (in the south anyways)! As for trainers, get yourself to legends and buy yourself a nice pair of etnies if your going to heavily into jeans, or some chunky DCs if you prefer combats and cords etc.

As for tops, hoodies are always good, take inspiration from the oc if you want, as long as you're not too chunky, horizontal stripes are kinda nice at the moment.

H&M is cheap, but if you put the work in, house of fraser can be your mecca! Avoid all things bench, fcuk! (yuk yuk yuk!) ummmm, avoid too many t-shirts with random logos on from places like burtons and H&M (you know the ones i mean, they say things like "salon '65" or some rubbish that doesnt mean anything.) also avoid overstated logos. If you're going for a shirt, one or two nice ones are much preferable to a load of crap, and PLEASE stay away from short-sleeved shirts, very chav.

You could go for long-sleeved shirt under sweater, but it's really being overdone at the moment, and if you do it, do it right, with nice brands, and matching colours. For god's sake have the shirt stripy or something, not plain, or you'll look like a teacher. Flares - OK i guess, but make sure you try them on, too much flare will make you look sooooo gay. As long as you avoid the extremes with jeans, you should be ok, just make sure you try everything on, and get every angle in the mirror, take a girl shopping if you need her opinion, tell her to check out your ass; people dont realise how much time they spend being seen from behind.

That's all the advice I can give really, congratulations from moving away from the whole sportswear thing, it relaly is a little bit year 9!

Good Luck!

oh, and another thing, please please please dont buy anyhting with an england flag on or a stupid zip-up jacket with a country name on, that is soooo 2 years ago!
Hallelujiah!

You know your style. I like it.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I currently just wear sports clothes, which is basically football shirts, adidas and reebok clothes.

I want to buy some new clothes because thats all i really have and i cant wear that to go out. I dont really like jeans but will probaly have to buy some. What mens clothes shops would you suggest i go to? I dont really want to spend loads.

What clothes would you suggest i buy?

Thanks
Jeans are the most versatile of men's clothing. However you do need to invest in a quality pair that will last you years and years, I know they are expensive but the Levis Range will last you forever and never go out of style.

Right now the fashion in Pink button up shirts and I have to say im impressed with this, but if you feel your manly ways will be compromised you can always go for the prints on button up shirts look.

www.tarocash.com.au

There are some examples.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
www.tarocash.com.au

There are some examples.
The first picture I saw on there was this one:
http://www.tarocash.com.au/clothes/bg.jpg
....and......................... ..they all look terrible.

(and can any football fan tell me what Steve Finnan's doing there?)
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Hallelujiah!

You know your style. I like it.
Lol thanks, and re: your sig. durham!

Re: brown loafers and pink button-up shirts... why? I suppose if you want to belnd in with the crowd and be totally average looking then fine, but you also want to look a little bit like an individual surely? I'm not saying that you should start wearing white makeup and black eye-liner, but everyone needs to find a balance between looking fashionable, but giving it their own individual twist to make them e real perosn, rather than just a crowd member! Pink tops can look really nicem, but fgs DONT buy one for the sake of it, they only look goof on certain people with the right kind of colouring, the chances are that if you are blonde, skinny, or already have a kinda girly, pretty-boy face, you could end up looking kinda gay, because I am, and I do.

Straight men give such terrible fashion advice!
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)

www.tarocash.com.au

There are some examples.
Eurgh, that guy in the middle looks horrendous! What a werid pose! TBH they look like your typical laddish group out for a night on the town to get really wasted and pull some random wasted girl in a horrible club playing "classic" party tunes, like "living on a prayer" or some crap! Is this a burtons or a topman website or something?

Oh, just remembered, DAC jeans are nice at the moment if you don'y want anything too pricey, I saw a pair for just £50 the other day in HOF!
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Eurgh, that guy in the middle looks horrendous! What a werid pose! TBH they look like your typical laddish group out for a night on the town to get really wasted and pull some random wasted girl in a horrible club playing "classic" party tunes, like "living on a prayer" or some crap! Is this a burtons or a topman website or something?

Oh, just remembered, DAC jeans are nice at the moment if you don'y want anything too pricey, I saw a pair for just £50 the other day in HOF!
go to the catalogue and have a proper look.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
(and can any football fan tell me what Steve Finnan's doing there?)
Theyve got a few of the rugby boys modeling for them as well Matt Giteau, Bernie and Jem Paul.
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Re: brown loafers and pink button-up shirts... why? I suppose if you want to belnd in with the crowd and be totally average looking then fine, but you also want to look a little bit like an individual surely?
What bleeding edge fashion house do you hail from then?

Nobody wears truly individual clothes, everybody copies a bit from somewhere...

Wearing shoes are ya? That's kinda "trendy"... oh how about this so-called "underwear" fad, it's so last year, commando is in this season. I think what i'm trying to say is don't take things so seriously, and i think the best advice we can give the lad is just a general "go and try things out that you like" plan - perhaps also consider going out with a girl (friend) who might be able to tell you whether something looks good or not... it's always good for a second opinion, but in the end you have to wear what you want to wear - whether or not that's following trends.
danmint
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Two words, Urban Outfitters.
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
What bleeding edge fashion house do you hail from then?

Nobody wears truly individual clothes, everybody copies a bit from somewhere...

Wearing shoes are ya? That's kinda "trendy"... oh how about this so-called "underwear" fad, it's so last year, commando is in this season. I think what i'm trying to say is don't take things so seriously, and i think the best advice we can give the lad is just a general "go and try things out that you like" plan - perhaps also consider going out with a girl (friend) who might be able to tell you whether something looks good or not... it's always good for a second opinion, but in the end you have to wear what you want to wear - whether or not that's following trends.

Commando is the new underwear?! :eek: <whips 'em off> fair enough!
james101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Lee cooper jeans, what you think about them?
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd suggest a couple of pairs of real nice jeans instead of more, less quality ones. I personally like the washed out look you mentioned, and if you look around you can find some real nice ones. Good quality aswell. Then just pick up another couple of reasonable pairs. That way you'll have some real nice ones for when you go out, or when you want to look real smart, and you'll have some fairly nice ones for when your just hanging out with your mates in the week.

Get yourself some t-shirt's. I'd suggest either some plain ones, or one's with a simple logo. Although novelty ones aren't bad, a plainer t-shirt looks a lot better with some jeans.

The zip top option is a good one, and you can get some that still look 'sporty' but look smart at the same time.

I'd say get a pair of white trainers like you wanted, and go for the style that you mentioned, the puma style. There's a pair of Adidas ones that seem to be popular and look smart with some casual jeans and a t-shirt.

I'd get a couple of smart button shirts to go out with aswell, if you go out often.

As for where to shop i'd go to any of the following: Burton, Topman, Fcuk, River Island. Any shop like this will sell some nice clothers.
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I suppose if you want to blend in with the crowd and be totally average looking then fine, but you also want to look a little bit like an individual surely?
Ooh, you give good advice! Only, if this is your first move into fashion I'd say it's probably best to start quietly and work out what goes together, and exactly where the fine line between hideous and fabulous goes (I still get confused), otherwise it's risky.
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
John Lewis is pretty good lately, surprising as i'd never been in there before and thought of it more of an old person's shop.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I currently just wear sports clothes, which is basically football shirts, adidas and reebok clothes.

I want to buy some new clothes because thats all i really have and i cant wear that to go out. I dont really like jeans but will probaly have to buy some. What mens clothes shops would you suggest i go to? I dont really want to spend loads.

What clothes would you suggest i buy?

Thanks
Hehe, I'm not really all that good at Male's Fashions But I'll give it a shot. I think cute button-up shirts can look pretty hot on a night out. White, blue or black usually suit most males, tho sum1 told me the 'light pink' look on males was starting to become a trend :confused: Lol, I'm not so sure of that, but I'm def sure of the White shirt look, that can look kool

DB_x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (117)
45.88%
Pro-humanity (138)
54.12%

Watched Threads