The Student Room Group

Should I resit my final year assessment

English is not my first lang apologies for the inconsistencies.

So my course finishes this week and I just received my final grades today. I knew wasn't going to pass without resits ( my final module exams didn't go well ) but by some miracle I passed.. only thing is I don't know if it's a 3rd class or a 2:2 ( I'm too scared to check).

Problem is my family don't know the extent of how bad my exams went. I just kind of subtly implied that I might to graduate but they are all laughed it off because they seem to think I've been getting firsts. I am strongly thinking about resiting so that I can at least get a chance at a better grade but that would mean deferring my graduation which is next month. based on the assumption that I would graduate one of my parents who is outside the country paid alot of money to be able to travel back on time for this.
From writing this out it would make sense for me to just deffer and get a better grade expecially since I want to do a masters later down the line but then my parents money would go to waste. Anyone got some advice on what to do.
Original post by Anonymous
English is not my first lang apologies for the inconsistencies.
So my course finishes this week and I just received my final grades today. I knew wasn't going to pass without resits ( my final module exams didn't go well ) but by some miracle I passed.. only thing is I don't know if it's a 3rd class or a 2:2 ( I'm too scared to check).
Problem is my family don't know the extent of how bad my exams went. I just kind of subtly implied that I might to graduate but they are all laughed it off because they seem to think I've been getting firsts. I am strongly thinking about resiting so that I can at least get a chance at a better grade but that would mean deferring my graduation which is next month. based on the assumption that I would graduate one of my parents who is outside the country paid alot of money to be able to travel back on time for this.
From writing this out it would make sense for me to just deffer and get a better grade expecially since I want to do a masters later down the line but then my parents money would go to waste. Anyone got some advice on what to do.

Are you able to resit modules that you have passed???
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Are you able to resit modules that you have passed???

I'm assuming i didn't pass the final modules however my uni allows u to pass as long as u have enough credits which I do but I'm grades would be lower

Quick Reply