The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

This year AUB had 2 waves for accommodation, I missed the first wave and everything got sold out but now with the second wave within the day (June 17th) both Madeira and campus halls have sold out. I don’t know what to do. Should I just wait since maybe not everyone applying will get a place? I don’t really want to go private since it’s a lot more expensive and out of my price range. And home park is out of the question.
Hello! Im currently having this exact issue right now! I have emailed the accommodation support since I cant believe they've sold out so fast. I had accidentally booked the wrong accommodation during the first wave, and those took 2-3 weeks to sell out. I can just barely afford Home Park, but I really, really dont want to have to live on tight finances during uni. And as you said, going private is too expensive and I think most of the private accommodation is sold out anyways.

Really not sure what to do aside from having to make the choice of living on a tight budget or living in a house share during my first year of uni (I'd rather be broke than live with strangers atm LOL). I may as well book Home Park now so I at least have something in case any Madeira/Campus Halls rooms are Actually gone. I hope you find a suitable accommodation
Graduation
Poole
Visit website
Called them like 5 times yesterday, the website kept crashing and by the time I made it on at 10:30am Campus was sold out. Home park is also sold out. I just settled with Madeira as it was my only option, also the cheapest from what I known
Original post by yamaguchihoney
Called them like 5 times yesterday, the website kept crashing and by the time I made it on at 10:30am Campus was sold out. Home park is also sold out. I just settled with Madeira as it was my only option, also the cheapest from what I known

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I was there on the dot at 10 am but the website wouldn't load until 10:30. Should I call them ? Did they help you , I emailed them but it's gonna take awhile for them to respond.
Original post by FritzInTheFlesh
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I was there on the dot at 10 am but the website wouldn't load until 10:30. Should I call them ? Did they help you , I emailed them but it's gonna take awhile for them to respond.

I called and had to leave a voice message. To be honest I’ve given up and settled with Madeira Road. I’ve already been told my flat and room. But if there’s some miracle they’ll tell me if a space opens in campus. Doubt it tho
Original post by Solarpunch333
Hello! Im currently having this exact issue right now! I have emailed the accommodation support since I cant believe they've sold out so fast. I had accidentally booked the wrong accommodation during the first wave, and those took 2-3 weeks to sell out. I can just barely afford Home Park, but I really, really dont want to have to live on tight finances during uni. And as you said, going private is too expensive and I think most of the private accommodation is sold out anyways.
Really not sure what to do aside from having to make the choice of living on a tight budget or living in a house share during my first year of uni (I'd rather be broke than live with strangers atm LOL). I may as well book Home Park now so I at least have something in case any Madeira/Campus Halls rooms are Actually gone. I hope you find a suitable accommodation

I don’t know when yall see this but AUB Madira road accommodation just got 6 new slots , I’ve applied there just so that I have somewhere to go that isn’t crazy out my budget. But yeah they have spaces as of 19/06/24 (11:01) am
I don’t know when yall see this but AUB Madira road accommodation just got 6 new slots , I’ve applied there just so that I have somewhere to go that isn’t crazy out my budget. But yeah they have spaces as of 19/06/24 (11:01) am

Exactly where I applied, let me know ur flat when u find out. We might be in same 😭
Original post by yamaguchihoney
Exactly where I applied, let me know ur flat when u find out. We might be in same 😭

I will. Also he's a survey to help you find other potential roommates. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvWHr8WyKvdALnOTuAW3Wk7E9Cl5t1A_SVnJkgVUlq4tLXtg/viewform
(edited 1 month ago)
I will. Also he's a survey to help you find other potential roommates. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvWHr8WyKvdALnOTuAW3Wk7E9Cl5t1A_SVnJkgVUlq4tLXtg/viewform

AHHH thank you so much
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply