This discussion is closed.
BABOON
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
Do they do Medecine? If so Im going there!
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Maths. Lucky for me the nearest department to Girton is Maths. Does BA Law at Cambridge qualify you as a lawyer?
Well its exempts you from the Bar exam like the LLB. I've been told there's not much difference. I was totally against the Cambridge thing at first but I've warmed to it now

Wow Maths- I think I can just about manage one more year of it and thats it! lol
BABOON
Report 18 years ago
flirt alert
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Well its exempts you from the Bar exam like the LLB. I've been told there's not much difference. I was totally against the Cambridge thing at first but I've warmed to it now

Wow Maths- I think I can just about manage one more year of it and thats it! lol
You wouldn't have to do the Bar? So you would walk out a barrister???

Yeah man Maths is something I enjoy and am quite passionate about. How wierd must I sound, "I enjoy Maths". What A-Levels do you take?
CasperUK
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Ahem, you were the one boasting that you're College got the best A-level results in the country when it did in fact not and you completely misinterpreted a staistic. May I also ask about your IQ test, I presume it was a written test taken at MENSA?

Yes. About my college, nationally it has the best pass rate, i never once said it was the BEST if you want to get A's but i wouldnt doubt it either, i think 42% of the year gone by got all A's.
BABYGUY
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
is 6 A stars and 5 A's good, in terms of comparng it to other oxbridge applicants? what would you say is the average set of grades for an oxbridge applicant?
Elle
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
You wouldn't have to do the Bar? So you would walk out a barrister???

Yeah man Maths is something I enjoy and am quite passionate about. How wierd must I sound, "I enjoy Maths". What A-Levels do you take?
Soz I meant the prof. law exams to get to the bar.

Maths, English and Politics
Elle
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by BABYGUY)
is 6 A stars and 5 A's good, in terms of comparng it to other oxbridge applicants? what would you say is the average set of grades for an oxbridge applicant?
Lol.. well its better than mine!!
Juwel
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Soz I meant the prof. law exams to get to the bar.

Maths, English and Politics
Hmm a Science, an Art and a Social Science. Looks like less of a wierd mix when you look at it like that. Huh, last June I had to take P1 and the three Politics papers on the same day, since I was the only one in my sixth form taking both Maths and Politics I had to lump it. Still, I did well in them all
Juwel
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I would have thought Oxbridge were like most unis regarding GCSEs, not treating them as a requirement seeing as you have the A-Levels to prove your ability. Some courses demand C grades in Maths and English at GCSEs though.
BABYGUY
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
gf
Elle
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Hmm a Science, an Art and a Social Science. Looks like less of a wierd mix when you look at it like that. Huh, last June I had to take P1 and the three Politics papers on the same day, since I was the only one in my sixth form taking both Maths and Politics I had to lump it. Still, I did well in them all
Hey you must have been on the same exam board as me cos I had a clash with Maths and Politics and they were going to keep me in isolation ... But I decided to leave P1 til this year because I have to do P2 and P3 aswell. You're one of the few people I've heard say they like Maths! lol
Good Luck with your Girton interview!
Juwel
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Hey you must have been on the same exam board as me cos I had a clash with Maths and Politics and they were going to keep me in isolation ... But I decided to leave P1 til this year because I have to do P2 and P3 aswell. You're one of the few people I've heard say they like Maths! lol
Good Luck with your Girton interview!
Well they did keep me in isolation for P1 which I did in the morning, then I did Politics 1 (a resit) in the middle session, then I was allowed into the main exam room for Politics 2 and 3. So technically I finished P1 before anyone else
Thanks, good luck to you too! Hope I see you there next year!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by CasperUK)
Yes. About my college, nationally it has the best pass rate, i never once said it was the BEST if you want to get A's but i wouldnt doubt it either, i think 42% of the year gone by got all A's.
Best college, but not the best for A-levels. It is the 300-and-somethingth best for A-level results.
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by BABOON)
Do they do Medecine? If so Im going there!

Medicine
Juwel
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
Medicine
Pedant.
theone
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I'm applying for Maths at Cambridge too, Trinity College though, good luck!
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Can I vote too? Even though I did Norwegian Examination Board Exams...?

Anyways, I got (on a scale from 1 to 6, where 6 is best):

Religion -6
Norwegian bokmaal -6
Norwegian newnorse -5
Norwegian (oral) -6
Mathematics -6
English, written -6
English, oral -6
History/economics/geography -6
Physics/chemestry/biology -6
Arts -4
Music -6
Home economics -5
Physical education -6
French, written -6
French, oral -5

so, tell me, what should I vote (if I should vote at all)?
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Pedant.
Yonder pedant, who is he?
Juwel
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by theone)
I'm applying for Maths at Cambridge too, Trinity College though, good luck!
Good luck to you too! Have you had a look at a sample of the STEP we're supposed to take yet?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.79%
Okay (99)
29.38%
A bit lacking (122)
36.2%
Not good at all (83)
24.63%

Watched Threads