The Student Room Group

Why can’t I decline my firm

Hi there

I have firmed an offer but I don’t see the option to ‘decline my place’ so that I can go into clearing. Ik clearing opens on the 5th of July but why can’t I see the decline my offer option
You cannot 'decline my place' until you have a confirmed place, ie. on Results Day, because you cannot go into Clearing until you have your results.
Original post by McGinger
You cannot 'decline my place' until you have a confirmed place, ie. on Results Day, because you cannot go into Clearing until you have your results.
I have my results (gap year)
Clearing doesn't open until 4 July - and you would need to cancel your 2023 application, and then make a new 2024 UCAS application, you cannot use last year's application to apply through Clearing this year.
Original post by McGinger
Clearing doesn't open until 4 July - and you would need to cancel your 2023 application, and then make a new 2024 UCAS application, you cannot use last year's application to apply through Clearing this year.

I’ve applied for 2024 entry and I am holding a confirmed unconditional offer which I have firmed. I was just wondering why I don’t see the ‘decline my place’ button
Original post by Tashsinclair7
I’ve applied for 2024 entry and I am holding a confirmed unconditional offer which I have firmed. I was just wondering why I don’t see the ‘decline my place’ button

That button doesn’t show until A level results day.
If you ring ucas then you can ask to swap your reply to a decline so that you are entered into clearing when it opens

Quick Reply