The Student Room Group

Applying for finance for my added year in management

Hi

I have just finished my third year at the University of Kent studying Electronic and Computer Engineering and await my results. I decided to add a year in management to my course which is essentially an additional year of tuition. To do this I had to fill out a change of course form for the university to change my course to Electronic and Computer Engineering with a Year in Management. This changes my course from a 3 to a 4 year. The university has accepted my course change request but said it will be processed over the summer. As it stands the university's system still has my original course listed under my details.

I am trying to apply for student finance for my additional year but am very confused about how. When I try to reapply there is no option for "Electronic and Computer Engineering with a Year in Management" and hence no UCAS code. Do I need to wait for the university to process my change in course before I can apply?

Thanks!
Original post by COOP_pizza_lover
Hi
I have just finished my third year at the University of Kent studying Electronic and Computer Engineering and await my results. I decided to add a year in management to my course which is essentially an additional year of tuition. To do this I had to fill out a change of course form for the university to change my course to Electronic and Computer Engineering with a Year in Management. This changes my course from a 3 to a 4 year. The university has accepted my course change request but said it will be processed over the summer. As it stands the university's system still has my original course listed under my details.
I am trying to apply for student finance for my additional year but am very confused about how. When I try to reapply there is no option for "Electronic and Computer Engineering with a Year in Management" and hence no UCAS code. Do I need to wait for the university to process my change in course before I can apply?
Thanks!

Hi there, To be eligible for funding for the course changing to 4 years instead of the 3 you would need to make the changes to the application prior to the 3rd year ending. Therefore you would not be eligible for funding for the 4th year as the 3rd year has already ended. Thanks, Angela
But I wont finish 3rd year as I wont graduate if the university has me down to do a year in management so that can't be right.
Original post by COOP_pizza_lover
But I wont finish 3rd year as I wont graduate if the university has me down to do a year in management so that can't be right.

Hi there, We would need to have been notified about this prior to the current 3rd year end date. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply