Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluvcheesecake)
    Cool. 61/75 is a really good mark for hazard perception. Makes my 47 look bad, hehe.
    Haha, i got 47 too, I don't care though 'cos I can drive
    4 minors on my practical test :P

Seems like so long ago... :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    does anyone know a good amount of lessons to prebook? I want to learn to drive as we're buying a new car next month and Ive looked at the costs but I'm not sure how many lessons it will take. Any rough ideas?

ReputationRep:
    If you live 15 minutes out of town, and you want to be collected from and brought back home, you will get a maximum of 30 minutes town driving in a one hour lesson. Is that enough for you? A one-and-a-half hour lesson might be more useful. Or could you meet the instructor in town and keep it to one hour?
    Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    does anyone know a good amount of lessons to prebook? I want to learn to drive as we're buying a new car next month and Ive looked at the costs but I'm not sure how many lessons it will take. Any rough ideas?
    To pass? 30 hours or so... they say 40's the average but I think that's a little over-zealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Is this true?
    That's why the first few lessons should probably be 2 hours. Then once you're ok to drive to other places and drive yourself back home, you can go down to 1.5hours or 1 hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    That's why the first few lessons should probably be 2 hours. Then once you're ok to drive to other places and drive yourself back home, you can go down to 1.5hours or 1 hour.
    That's just crap though. People who live closer to the centre get more time in the car? Where's the fairness in that?

:driver: :mad: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    That's just crap though. People who live closer to the centre get more time in the car? Where's the fairness in that?

:driver: :mad: :confused:
    Do you know where you will be taken? Most likely on a really quiet road. :/ Lol ask the instructor to meet you there ..

ReputationRep:
    What about when you've mastered the basics though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    What about when you've mastered the basics though?
    What about it?

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* Doesn't matter.

I always thought if I booked a 2hr lesson I would actually get 2hrs, not 1hr 20 mins...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    *sigh* Doesn't matter.

I always thought if I booked a 2hr lesson I would actually get 2hrs, not 1hr 20 mins...
    It won't be that bad surely.

ReputationRep:
    *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    You'll still get a two hour lesson because you'll be driving to the town from your house and back again, so you will be driving for two hours (or one hour depending on how long your lesson is), it just won't all be town driving. It doesnt matter thought because you will still get road practise on roundabouts and stuff

ReputationRep:
    K, that's cool then I was quite moody earlier, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    K, that's cool then I was quite moody earlier, lol
    Lol. I live about 10 minutes from town and it's fine. In the first few lessons you probably won't be taken to any busy areas anyway

ReputationRep:
    I live 20 minutes away, might be more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapiped)
    Hurrah I passed my Driving Theory Test today - 35/35 for the multiple choice questions and 61/75 for Hazard Perception. Just need to pass the darn practical now...
    Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I live 20 minutes away, might be more.
    It should still be fine. You probably won't be doing town driving every lesson, especially at the beginning, and even when you are, you will still be in the car driving for the full time. When are you going to start lessons?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know. I keep putting it off.

ReputationRep:
    I got 59/75 for Hazard and 32/35 for multiple choice.
    Need to book theory.
    I have a moronic instructor tho

Does anyone know...with reversing round a corner, do you have to always look out the back window? As my instructor insists you do, but my mate who just passed test always uses left side mirror....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.