The Student Room Group

Medicine applications

I’m sitting my a level bio maths and econ exams this summer (2024) and I want to apply for medicine potentially later this year. I know that I will have to sit the UCAT and obv study chem and sit it next year privately. Is me doing that counting as me resitting ?
Original post by GLXsh
I’m sitting my a level bio maths and econ exams this summer (2024) and I want to apply for medicine potentially later this year. I know that I will have to sit the UCAT and obv study chem and sit it next year privately. Is me doing that counting as me resitting ?
Its definitely not resitting because you have never given the exam before but alevel chemistry is hard I hope you can do it all in one year
Make sure to book your UCAT tomorrow:smile:
Good luck with it all
No, because you aren't resitting an A level are you.
But, some Unis may have an issue with 'A levels over more than 2 years' - check with each Uni before you apply.
Reply 3
Original post by GLXsh

There are 12 med schools that will accept you with the A levels you are currently studying.
Provided you get the required grades in the A levels you are sitting this year (AAA/A*AA) then doing chem in a year would not be considered a resit

Quick Reply