The Student Room Group

failed 2 our of 3 of my year 1 exams

im a Mech eng student in sheff, i know i can still get through the year if i fail one due to one moduel being 20 credits but its two of the hardest personally for me, solid mechanics and fluid mechanics. the one i passed i scraped with 40%. so little worried. waiting back for one part of my applied eng mathematics but should pass that.
Dont really know what to do if i fail year 1, due to actually having an enjoyment in engineering
Original post by CallumBradbury_
im a Mech eng student in sheff, i know i can still get through the year if i fail one due to one moduel being 20 credits but its two of the hardest personally for me, solid mechanics and fluid mechanics. the one i passed i scraped with 40%. so little worried. waiting back for one part of my applied eng mathematics but should pass that.
Dont really know what to do if i fail year 1, due to actually having an enjoyment in engineering
Hi,

University can be very hard. So don't be so hard on yourself!

Each university will have its own rules. However, if you fail more than 2 modules, they may make you retake the year. It is also possible that you will move onto th next year, just redoing the 2 modules you failed alongside the new modules you are learning.

If you are struggling with elements I'd recommend you ask the lecturers for extra support. In my experience, they are more than welcome to help. As they want you to do well as well.
Remember, lecturers gain nothing but extra marking if you (the students) don't do well!!

Attempt to see if there are any pass papers. Maybe it's not the content that you are having difficulties with, but instead how to apply the content to a specific skill set, whether that be CW or Exams.

I hope I managed to help a little.

Best Wishes,

Kaprice R [3rd Year - BSc (Hons) Forensic Science]
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply