The Student Room Group

A level resources

Does anyone have any resources/flaschards/wesbsites that they can send me as I'm starting my a levels in September for these subjects:

AQA History - 1H Tsarist and Communist Russia, 1855–1964 and 2S The Making of Modern Britain, 1951–2007

OCR Classics - The World of the Hero: Homer, The Iliad, Virgil, The Aeneid, Culture and the Arts: Imperial image, Beliefs and Ideas: Love and Relationships

OCR English Lit - I do not know which play/poem/topic I am doing so anything on these: Shakespeare plays: Hamlet, The Tempest or Richard III. Drama texts: The Duchess of Malfi; Ibsen: A Doll’s House; or Goldsmith: She Stoops to Conquer. Poetry: Milton: Paradise Lost Books 9 & 10; Christina Rossetti: Selected Poems; or Chaucer: The Merchant’s Prologue and Tale. Also anything for these topics for paper 2: Women in Literature, American Literature 1880-1940, or The Gothic

Edexcel RS - Philosophy of Religion, Religion and Ethics and New Testament Studies
(edited 1 month ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
where is the link
(edited 1 month ago)
can’t speak for the other subjects, but for EDEXCEL RS, Philosophy dungeon is good. In honesty there isn’t a lot of resources for this course on line, especially for new testament studies, so i would definitely ask your teacher as they might have some. Revision World has a lot of good resources for this course too, and i’m sure you could find something for your other subjects on there. They also have a lot of practice papers on there, both AS and A level, which i would recommend. I also would have a look at Adam Whitlock on Youtube as well as Fran from New Testament explained, on youtube, because they’re the two i’ve found most helpful for watching videos to revise. Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by melanieyatess
can’t speak for the other subjects, but for EDEXCEL RS, Philosophy dungeon is good. In honesty there isn’t a lot of resources for this course on line, especially for new testament studies, so i would definitely ask your teacher as they might have some. Revision World has a lot of good resources for this course too, and i’m sure you could find something for your other subjects on there. They also have a lot of practice papers on there, both AS and A level, which i would recommend. I also would have a look at Adam Whitlock on Youtube as well as Fran from New Testament explained, on youtube, because they’re the two i’ve found most helpful for watching videos to revise. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks for the help
Original post by ua12345
Does anyone have any resources/flaschards/wesbsites that they can send me as I'm starting my a levels in September for these subjects:
AQA History - 1H Tsarist and Communist Russia, 1855–1964 and 2S The Making of Modern Britain, 1951–2007
OCR Classics - The World of the Hero: Homer, The Iliad, Virgil, The Aeneid, Culture and the Arts: Imperial image, Beliefs and Ideas: Love and Relationships
OCR English Lit - I do not know which play/poem/topic I am doing so anything on these: Shakespeare plays: Hamlet, The Tempest or Richard III. Drama texts: The Duchess of Malfi; Ibsen: A Doll’s House; or Goldsmith: She Stoops to Conquer. Poetry: Milton: Paradise Lost Books 9 & 10; Christina Rossetti: Selected Poems; or Chaucer: The Merchant’s Prologue and Tale. Also anything for these topics for paper 2: Women in Literature, American Literature 1880-1940, or The Gothic
Edexcel RS - Philosophy of Religion, Religion and Ethics and New Testament Studies

Heyy, I’ve done making of modern Britain and just finished my a level. Here is the resource I made

https://www.stuvia.com/doc/5708819/course-summary-of-making-of-modern-britain-aqa-2s.
Reply 6
Original post by heyitskishan
Heyy, I’ve done making of modern Britain and just finished my a level. Here is the resource I made
https://www.stuvia.com/doc/5708819/course-summary-of-making-of-modern-britain-aqa-2s.

I can't pay £14 tho lol - you got anything for free?
Original post by ua12345

Quizlet has 64 essay plans for free
Reply 8
Original post by Hannahblossom
Quizlet has 64 essay plans for free

Ok thanks - can you send the link pls
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by ua12345

Go onto tes resources. They do charge you if you download but they show some previews of some model answers. Maybe screenshot them? Also the learning academy has done some good yt videos on the making of modern britain
Reply 10
Original post by Hannahblossom
Go onto tes resources. They do charge you if you download but they show some previews of some model answers. Maybe screenshot them? Also the learning academy has done some good yt videos on the making of modern britain

Ok thanks
Original post by ua12345
Ok - can you send the link

quizlet.com/659747086/flashcards?funnelUUID=05b68f7c-33ed-4565-81a4-a6b54310c7b0

I think this is it
Original post by ua12345
Ok thanks

Here's another one. If they don't work then just search quizlet making of modern britain https://quizlet.com/gb/479864649/britain-essay-plans-history-a-level-revision-flash-cards/
Original post by ua12345

can help with literature!!
Reply 14
Original post by bill.bear02
can help with literature!!

Ok thanks - if you've got any resources/notes/flashcards you can send, pm me please. I don't know what my school is doing for plays/poems but it would be useful to have something.

Quick Reply