The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Queen Mary University of London or Glasgow University?

Hi, I have an offer to study a psychology master in QMUL and glasgow. The programs are exactly the same, I personally prefer to live in london, but glasgow has a better ranking. Which one do you recommend? After getting my master's degree, I want to look for a job for my job experience, and then apply for a DClinPsy.
Original post by Azzzm
Hi, I have an offer to study a psychology master in QMUL and glasgow. The programs are exactly the same, I personally prefer to live in london, but glasgow has a better ranking. Which one do you recommend? After getting my master's degree, I want to look for a job for my job experience, and then apply for a DClinPsy.

Hi there,

I've just finished my first year of undergraduate at Glasgow University and I have absolutely loved living and studying in Glasgow. If you haven't already managed to check out the campus I would recommend trying to book onto one of our campus tours or open days, as the campus and ideal location in Glasgow is one of my favourite parts of the uni. There is so much going on in and around the West End, with loads of green spaces, great cafes, bars and restaurants and also two student unions on our campus. The social life is also really good, with a huge range of societies and over 50 sports clubs to choose from. I know quite a few people through my sports club who came to Glasgow from other universities to do their masters and who really love it!

Overall I'd say go with your heart and where you think you will have the best experience/ prefer living, but I couldn't recommend Glasgow enough!

All the best with your decision and any other questions about Glasgow feel free to ask!
Elise, 1st Year
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply