Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've seen worse, met a couple, she was 16, he was 27, she had their first child at 14 and just had another at 16

but this was in kenya...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    oh, did you not get to the part where it says they guy she's having sex with is a 22 year old with a girlfriend, who makes "deals" for a living?

yeah, im sure social services would care SO much more that he has a girlfriend.

I'm not saying what she's doing is good but nor is it that scandalous, really. Just hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    well, why did you bother bringing it up in reply to me then?

I'd call you "clever clogs" in return, but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    tbh social services don't really care that much about 15 year olds having underage sex unless it's incest or similar.

please also note, it's not a boundary.
    I coudln't think of a better word for it. I can't remember what it is actually called.

The social services obviously change in different areas, but I know in Bristol if they were told of a 15 year old girl (who is only just 15 if I remember correctky) going to a 22 year olds house to have sex then they would think something is up. Especially as the guy has a girlfriend and the 15 year old is just used for sex.

ReputationRep:
    do you have some connection that gives you a special insight into Bristol SS?

Once again, i really fail to see why SS would care more because the guy has a gf.

ReputationRep:
    No, I understand that it's not just that everyone's bothered by.

But there is a difference between "what people think on TSR" and "what social services will think".

I said: "tbh social services don't really care that much about 15 year olds having underage sex unless it's incest or similar." - I never said "I have no idea what everyone on this thread is bothered by".

ReputationRep:
    they wouldn't.

PEOPLE care more that he has a girlfriend; on a moral level.

SS would care more because he's diddling a minor and he's 22.
    Yes, look, can you please read:

"The social services obviously change in different areas, but I know in Bristol if they were told of a 15 year old girl (who is only just 15 if I remember correctky) going to a 22 year olds house to have sex then they would think something is up. Especially as the guy has a girlfriend and the 15 year old is just used for sex."

why would they think "something was up" "especially" because the guy has a girlfriend? Nothing to do with "PEOPLE" - the poster was specifically talking about SS interest in whether the girl was at risk.

ReputationRep:
    nobody said that they'd be bothered especially because he had a girlfriend. If you got that from my post, you misconstrued it. It is however, a point of fact, that his age is an important consideration. The girlfriend bit was thrown in on general grounds. I'm very sorry if you were unable to make that connection because my post was unclear.

Okay? good.
    I'm not even talking about your post there, I was talking about Luize's. Why not throw in "...and he has a goldfish and Sky Digital" for good measure?

Unless, of course, he just has terrestrial.

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure he would have the kids channels so he could eye up Mary-Kate and Ashley

(*but only from the older series. i think they are actually of age now)

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure he would have the kids channels so he could eye up Mary-Kate and Ashley

(*but only from the older series. i think they are actually of age now)
    They are older than me

<3 and I have had an indepth discussion about them before:p:

ReputationRep:
    Just an idea but the social services might be more accepting of the relationship if they claimed to be in love. If he's being unfaithful it's not a good judge of character....and so it looks more like he's using her than if she was his long term girlfriend and they were planning to marry in the spring.

ReputationRep:
    I have a family member in social services, and have met quite a few through work and fostering.

The reason I said a girlfriend is significant is that it suggests that he is putting Need_Money at more risk (mentally). I do udnerstand that SS won't do anything at all unless a referal is made though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabellewalter)
    and so it looks more like he's using her than if she was his long term girlfriend and they were planning to marry in the spring.
    they would think the couple were even more retarded if they were planning to marry in the spring being as she'll only be 15 then

ReputationRep:
    mm, possibly physically if GF finds out. :\
    Especially if GF is a ned too

ReputationRep:
    you think he made this page?

http://olsens.soulhuntre.com/

ReputationRep:
    I was treating the marrying in the spring as a sort of exaggerated idiomatic expression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Especially if GF is a ned too
    what if the girlfriend mistakes her for one of the gf's own brood of offspring?

it's hard to keep track of the little buggers sometimes, and she *does* look younger than she is.

"Awww craig its so nice to see you bonding wiv your daughter" ahem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabellewalter)
    I was treating the marrying in the spring as a sort of exaggerated idiomatic expression
    i know, im sorry, i couldnt resist

ReputationRep:
    you think he made this page?

http://olsens.soulhuntre.com/
    no, but i DO rememebr <3 saying she watched that countdown....

ReputationRep:
    ive only just figured out who <3 is. im so slow.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.