The Student Room Group

Can I still go uni after AQA A-level Physics Paper 2?

Right, so I'm currently doing 4 a levels and had the great misfourtune of having to do Physics in order to do Engineering at uni. My predicted grades are A*A*AA and I got an offer for my favourite uni for A*AA (including Maths&Physics). Things were all going good until Physics paper 2 last week (still recovering).
Now, My question is, if i end up flopping Physics and getting a B, will i still be able to get into the uni for my offer since I do more 4 a levels instead of 3? Like if I pattern the other three can I still get in despite the fact that I needed an A in phyisics? Let me know if im cooked, cus AQA doesn't want to see me succed rn.
If your offer includes a specific grade for Physics and you don't meet it, then the Uni can reject you.
Like everyone else you will just have to wait for Results Day to see what happens.
Original post by DumbAQAstudent
Right, so I'm currently doing 4 a levels and had the great misfourtune of having to do Physics in order to do Engineering at uni. My predicted grades are A*A*AA and I got an offer for my favourite uni for A*AA (including Maths&Physics). Things were all going good until Physics paper 2 last week (still recovering).
Now, My question is, if i end up flopping Physics and getting a B, will i still be able to get into the uni for my offer since I do more 4 a levels instead of 3? Like if I pattern the other three can I still get in despite the fact that I needed an A in phyisics? Let me know if im cooked, cus AQA doesn't want to see me succed rn.

it depends on the uni tbh, but remember there's always clearing and the course you applied for may have clearing spaces available if you don't get your offer requirements

Quick Reply