The Student Room Group

A level chem, bio, psych exams

Hi guys! I am currently self studying A-levels in chemistry, biology and psychology. I have a subscription on tailored tutors (tutors in bio and chem who do many videos of all content and that I can message if I have any doubts). I want to be a cardiologist. I am applying to med school 2025 and therefore, I need 3 A's minimum. Any advice or helpful resources for these 3 A levels that you guys got given in college? Is anyone out there also an A-level private candidate? All help would be really appreciated as I struggle sometimes to get helpful resources from home :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Dianajustino
Hi guys! I am currently self studying A-levels in chemistry, biology and psychology. I have a subscription on tailored tutors (tutors in bio and chem who do many videos of all content and that I can message if I have any doubts). I want to be a cardiologist. I am applying to med school 2025 and therefore, I need 3 A's minimum. Any advice or helpful resources for these 3 A levels that you guys got given in college? Is anyone out there also an A-level private candidate? All help would be really appreciated as I struggle sometimes to get helpful resources from home :smile:

Are you doing the exam board WJEC? I just finished my A levels for psychology and biology a week ago, and was hoping for similar grades, so I'd be happy to help, but I am only able to advise you on the WJEC exam board!
Original post by anonyst
Are you doing the exam board WJEC? I just finished my A levels for psychology and biology a week ago, and was hoping for similar grades, so I'd be happy to help, but I am only able to advise you on the WJEC exam board!

Sorry! I am doing AQA. But thank you a lot.
Might not be for your exam boards, but some youtube channels i used:
Galbraithdoespsych
Allery Chemistry
Chemistry Student
A Level Cookbook
Biorach
Easy Mode Exams
Original post by fizzywizzybizzy
Might not be for your exam boards, but some youtube channels i used:
Galbraithdoespsych
Allery Chemistry
Chemistry Student
A Level Cookbook
Biorach
Easy Mode Exams

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!
Original post by Dianajustino

Chemrevise for me was a life saver it made everything really clear for me. I also loved Allery chemistry on youtube.
use the subject specifc vocabulary for aqa psychology - markscheme definitions in there!
machemguy is really good especially for OCR chemistry if you do that

Quick Reply