The Student Room Group

Have a placement year but worried I need to resit!!

I’m going to get my uni results next week and I’m really worried I’ve failed one of my exams. This resit will get in the way of my placement year. I only need 25% to pass but I’m so worried I’ll fail it
Original post by Anonymous
I’m going to get my uni results next week and I’m really worried I’ve failed one of my exams. This resit will get in the way of my placement year. I only need 25% to pass but I’m so worried I’ll fail it

Hi there!

I'm currently a psychology placement student, so I completely understand the worry! My university required us to pass in second year to get onto placement as well.

As daunting as it sounds, there isn't much else you can do - you've done all the best you can. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to take it easy, treat yourself (you've worked hard for your exams after all!) and see what happens for the results. You could contact your personal tutor - they may be able to advise you on what you could do if you did have to resit. If its worth anything, the fact that you got the placement itself is a testament of your abilities - placements usually don't take you on if they don't think you're academically capable!

I hope that provides just a little bit of reassurance :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Original post by Anonymous

HI there,

I understand how worrying it can be waiting for results, especially when your placement year is riding on it!
I know it sounds easy for me to say, but the best thing to do is to honestly try and forget about it as much as you can. It is out of your hands now and just try and trust that you will get the grade that you need.

Try and distract yourself for the next week- do things with friends and family, if you have a job at all then try and focus on this or just chill but try not to constantly think about it as it won't change how you have done. I know this is easier said than done and it can be really stressful worrying about your results but it will only make you feel even more stressed about it all.

Good luck with your results and your placement year,

Lucy -SHU student ambassador.

Quick Reply