The Student Room Group

Core maths or AS level maths in 6th form

Hi,I'm taking A level Econ, Biology and have just switched to do Diploma/BTEC in financial studies and dropped English Lit (likely to get A in Fin studies vs C in Eng Lit).I want to study finance/acctg/economics type degree at uni or do an apprenticeship with a top 10 professional services firm or bank (not investment banking)School want me to take an AS level equivalent in year 13 as timetabled hours for Fin Studies are quite low plus its not as haevy workload as the regular A levels.My options are Business Studies, Core Maths, AS level maths.Looking for advice please - thanks
Maths is important for any sort of Econ or Finance degree.
Check the entry requirements carefully, including any specific GCSE Maths requirement.
If you are taking the LIBF Diploma, you also need to check that your intended Unis will accept this.
Original post by McGinger
Maths is important for any sort of Econ or Finance degree.
Check the entry requirements carefully, including any specific GCSE Maths requirement.
If you are taking the LIBF Diploma, you also need to check that your intended Unis will accept this.
Thankyou.

All but one of my preferred unis accept the LIBF diploma.

I think I’m veering towards AS level maths as one pathway is to do a gap year/year 14 and do a full A level in maths. I think this will enhance my career prospects

Quick Reply