The Student Room Group

Manchester summer

Hey:smile: first year mmu student here. I’m about to experience my first summer in Manchester as a student. The friends I’ve made here are heading home for the summer and I’m not sure how to spend my free time. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey:smile: first year mmu student here. I’m about to experience my first summer in Manchester as a student. The friends I’ve made here are heading home for the summer and I’m not sure how to spend my free time. Thanks!

Hey there!
Second year MMU business student here:smile: hope you’ve enjoyed your first year at uni so far. Glad to hear you’ve already made some friends!
Manchester is such an exciting city, there are so many new hobbies/ clubs to explore by yourself. My personal favourite thing to do in Manchester when my friends are away is to go to yoga/ Pilates classes. I’ve found fitness classes are a great way to meet new people, or a great way to be mindful and focus on yourself. I know puppy yoga in Deansgate is popular if that interests you!
Last year I found my first summer in the city to be daunting but I found that getting a part time job helped me a lot. It allowed me to keep busy, as well as giving me extra money to spend doing the things I loved in my free time.
Hope you enjoy exploring the city, have a lovely summer break!

Molly x

Quick Reply