The Student Room Group

Likelyhood of being accepted for MSc

I'm wondering how many students actually get turned down for a place on a masters course & why that might be. The course lead seemed to think I'd be fine with the workload when I told her how long I'd been out of the workplace and even longer since studying (I'm 50). I wasn't sure how much of the application is "Have you got the money? Then you're in" as long as you meet the criteria obviously. I'm fretting over my application thinking of all the reasons they might turn me down even though I know there are spaces! Thanks.
I mean it depends on your master, some are competitive, some are not that u can even get in with a 2:2 or even third with work experience, if u were working on something related to your master then u will have a chance, experience is key
Reply 2
I’ve got the required grade and experience but it’s not recent. I guess I was wondering if anyone was turned down for their application or the person just not being the right fit etc. I mean it’s not a job and we’re paying but still…
Original post by RealMature
I’ve got the required grade and experience but it’s not recent. I guess I was wondering if anyone was turned down for their application or the person just not being the right fit etc. I mean it’s not a job and we’re paying but still…

For all I know most people get turn down because they got bad grades, if u got the required grades and the experience then u should fine, trust me some universities only care about the money, in fact u should try and apply, u got nothing to lose

Quick Reply