The Student Room Group

Mature student route to Physiotherapy

Hi all,
I am 32 years old mum looking to steer away from business (I have BA Business International Tourism Management and MSc Aviation Management) and become a physiotherapist. I always wanted to become a physio but life got me into different situations. What would be the best way how to get to being a physiotherapist? I live in Wales, but I am Czech and three quarters of my studying journey were done in Czech, so no GSEES no A levels, just an equivalent accepted enough to land me onto UCB and BA International Tourism Management.
As I am a single mum I would prefer studding online (Of course not the physio, just the necessary programme to get me there). Anyone knows about any options?
Thank you all in advance
Original post by LucieGapa
Hi all,
I am 32 years old mum looking to steer away from business (I have BA Business International Tourism Management and MSc Aviation Management) and become a physiotherapist. I always wanted to become a physio but life got me into different situations. What would be the best way how to get to being a physiotherapist? I live in Wales, but I am Czech and three quarters of my studying journey were done in Czech, so no GSEES no A levels, just an equivalent accepted enough to land me onto UCB and BA International Tourism Management.
As I am a single mum I would prefer studding online (Of course not the physio, just the necessary programme to get me there). Anyone knows about any options?
Thank you all in advance

Have a look at the entry requirements for physio at the unis you would consider applying to. As your degrees are not in healthcare or sciences, you might be required to do a foundation year. However, if you have any Czech science qualifications, they might be sufficient to get you on the course. Call the uni admissions departments to discuss your options.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/course-finder

Quick Reply