The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Going through clearing 2024

I’ve just done my first year at cardiff uni and I’ve been wanting to transfer course to psychology, they told me that they won’t accept me at the moment because of my grades but I can try clearing in the summer. Does anyone know if I have to drop out before I try that? Or can I stay on my course and try clearing before because if I can’t get in I’d want to just stay on my current course. Also does anyone know if cardiff uni is likely to have spaces for Psychology in clearing? Because I know it’s a really popular course and I don’t know if it’s been in clearing in past years.
Original post by Bleepblooop1
I’ve just done my first year at cardiff uni and I’ve been wanting to transfer course to psychology, they told me that they won’t accept me at the moment because of my grades but I can try clearing in the summer. Does anyone know if I have to drop out before I try that? Or can I stay on my course and try clearing before because if I can’t get in I’d want to just stay on my current course. Also does anyone know if cardiff uni is likely to have spaces for Psychology in clearing? Because I know it’s a really popular course and I don’t know if it’s been in clearing in past years.

Hi there!

So how clearing works, is that UCAS and the university itself will put up the courses that have space for clearing on their websites. So ideally, you will be able to see which courses are in clearing before you make a decision. If you wanted to know more info about clearing, Cardiff University has a page about this here.

In terms of whether the course would have spaces, its unfortunately really hard to say! Demand and competitiveness changes year to year so what courses appear on clearing is never really a guarantee.

I hope that helps!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply