The Student Room Group

Applying to American university with only highers

I'm moving to Scotland (from south africa) this August and plan to homeschool and complete my Scottish highers. I want to apply to American art universities with only my IGCSES and HIGHERS. No advanced highers or SAT. Is this possible? I'm 17 and don't want to study for two more years. I have also been working on my art portfolio which will hopefully be more important? I'm very confused about what to do. I'm also not sure if I can fast-track my homeschooling so I can complete my highers early. PLEASE HELP!
Original post by ElizabethCD
I'm moving to Scotland (from south africa) this August and plan to homeschool and complete my Scottish highers. I want to apply to American art universities with only my IGCSES and HIGHERS. No advanced highers or SAT. Is this possible? I'm 17 and don't want to study for two more years. I have also been working on my art portfolio which will hopefully be more important? I'm very confused about what to do. I'm also not sure if I can fast-track my homeschooling so I can complete my highers early. PLEASE HELP!

I've moved your thread to the Studying in North America forum to help you get replies. Have a read through some of the 'sticky' threads at the top of the forum to give you insight into the application process.
Reply 2
Original post by ElizabethCD

tbh there's going to be very, very few US colleges that won't ask for highers- and most of those will not give you any financial aid (aside from not being very good). I would advise you to try and do as well as you can on your highers if you're interested in the USA. GL

Quick Reply