The Student Room Group

Are Skittles all the same flavour?

Are Skittles all the same flavour? A lot of people say they are, however I think I can taste the difference between each colour so I don't think they are all the same. What's everyone's opinion on it? Have the company ever issued a statement about it? I'm curious now
Original post by Lilacfern
Are Skittles all the same flavour? A lot of people say they are, however I think I can taste the difference between each colour so I don't think they are all the same. What's everyone's opinion on it? Have the company ever issued a statement about it? I'm curious now

I can taste the difference too - but if I close my eyes and pinch my nose I can't. The only distinctive flavour is the green one lol, so I have no idea what's going on 🤷

I think the differences are pretty subtle - normally I just bung a whole bunch in at once though.

I will test it right now:
Yellow: slight zest?
Purple: kinda grape like, but very artificial
Green: like a happier purple
Red: tasted like artificial red flavor
Orange: like a zestier red

I think eating a handful at once is still the better experience. Of them all - orange has the most chemically feeling after taste.

Now to put them back in my drawer before I eat the whole bag...
Original post by StevenWong1
I think the differences are pretty subtle - normally I just bung a whole bunch in at once though.
I think eating a handful at once is still the better experience. Of them all - orange has the most chemically feeling after taste.

Ooh I love cramming a handful into my mouth, I get five minutes pure joy then realise the bag is empty 😂
Reply 4
Original post by StevenWong1

Haha I tried testing it out too. I think they all taste different and I agree with your descriptions, but plenty of my friends are still sure they all taste the same! Thanks for your thorough investigation.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

yh they are definitely different bc the red one is more sweet whereas the green and yellow ones are kinda sour

i've done so many blind taste tests on people and more often than not they can only tell the "difference" in flavour when they have their eyes open. not exactly foolhardy science but just my experience 😊

Quick Reply