The Student Room Group

Failed A level resits

Last year I sat A levels in 2023 and came out with 3 E’s due to personal circumstances. I decided to resit this year and I fear I may have flopped these as well. Do I just get onto a foundation year course instead or resit again? I’m turning 20 soon. I know I’m capable of doing well but due to stuff at home it’s hindered my academic ability. I want to do a maths degree.
Original post by coolbeanoid1
Last year I sat A levels in 2023 and came out with 3 E’s due to personal circumstances. I decided to resit this year and I fear I may have flopped these as well. Do I just get onto a foundation year course instead or resit again? I’m turning 20 soon. I know I’m capable of doing well but due to stuff at home it’s hindered my academic ability. I want to do a maths degree.

I would recommend doing a foundation year course!!! Putting yourself through A levels again is really not worth it. At least by applying to a foundation year course you're one step closer to doing maths. I hope everything gets better at home! Push through!!! The difficult times do not define you!!!
Original post by seohaeiii
I would recommend doing a foundation year course!!! Putting yourself through A levels again is really not worth it. At least by applying to a foundation year course you're one step closer to doing maths. I hope everything gets better at home! Push through!!! The difficult times do not define you!!!

Thank you. Genuinely am so heartbroken that I wasn’t able to pull a 180 academic comeback this year. Feel stupid now that I’ve been in sixth form for three years for no reason.
Thank you. Genuinely am so heartbroken that I wasn’t able to pull a 180 academic comeback this year. Feel stupid now that I’ve been in sixth form for three years for no reason.
You'll get the academic comeback sooner or later! Life doesn't end when you fail - that's when it really begins. Embrace the struggle and journey and GOODLUCK in life :smile:

Not for no reason, you have tried something and now you will try something new. Always look forwards.

Quick Reply