The Student Room Group

I'm predicted ABC for my A levels but I feel I wont be getting anywhere near.

This is not a plead for help or advice I just want to see how many people are in a similar situation to me.

I take maths physics and chemistry and I'm predicted ABC in that order. I have completed all of my exams apart from my final chemistry exam which is tomorrow.
From what I've gathered, using unofficial markschemes and gut feelings etc. I reckon I'm sitting on CCD or BCD if I'm lucky with physics. Chemistry has never stuck with me and I'm almost certain I cannot get above a D. Maths is probably my strongest but I pretty much just didn't do enough work beforehand, I know all of the content and am comfortable with all of the maths specification but I just didn't revisit topics and used my time badly in the exams, from the amount of marks I left blank it's not possible for me to get a B. Physics is a sort of middleground.

Anyone else in this situation?
My youngest got BCC in hers last year. Biology Geography and Psychology. Theres not much you can do about this now as you have done your exams. What you have to think about is what your next move is.
If you have uni and have to meet the grade boundaries. If its like AAB to get in, then if you get those grades you think you are going to get, you are looking at a no most likely. So time to plan for clearing opportunities. Look at unis with lower grade boundaries on line. Or, you do resits instead if you are not happy with your grades, and take a gap year.
Should you get those grades and not going to uni. Its not that bad. You have 3 alevels which is a good thing. Perhaps try for a job or apprenticeship and go down that route.

If by the way its physics you are loking at uni, have a look at leicester in clearing, they was something like BBD or BCC last time I checked couple of years back (its usually ABB)
Original post by Ghostlady
My youngest got BCC in hers last year. Biology Geography and Psychology. Theres not much you can do about this now as you have done your exams. What you have to think about is what your next move is.
If you have uni and have to meet the grade boundaries. If its like AAB to get in, then if you get those grades you think you are going to get, you are looking at a no most likely. So time to plan for clearing opportunities. Look at unis with lower grade boundaries on line. Or, you do resits instead if you are not happy with your grades, and take a gap year.
Should you get those grades and not going to uni. Its not that bad. You have 3 alevels which is a good thing. Perhaps try for a job or apprenticeship and go down that route.
If by the way its physics you are loking at uni, have a look at leicester in clearing, they was something like BBD or BCC last time I checked couple of years back (its usually ABB)

Thank you for the answer.

I should be fine for uni grades since I'll be doing a foundation year but I just put this up to see other people's thoughts about the matter and if, in any way, they relate.
Original post by ItsYeBoiRehan
Thank you for the answer.
I should be fine for uni grades since I'll be doing a foundation year but I just put this up to see other people's thoughts about the matter and if, in any way, they relate.

Years ago of course, but can relate to the alevels. No internet back then, so it was a case of just asking your friends how they fare and what questions you know you did wrong. So the self doubt was very real though. Fingers crossed for you and wishing you all the very best 🙂

Quick Reply