The Student Room Group
Reply 1
A room fully of pipe smoking jag driving snobs probably educated some where in the North East but not Newcastle.
Reply 2
A seat and a table. On a train.
Reply 3
a piece of white fabric on the head rest is about it
Reply 4
You are asking a bunch of students????
Reply 5
StuartYates
Hi,

are you really Intercity in disguise? :eek: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/t89200.html

amazingtrade
A room fully of pipe smoking jag driving snobs probably educated some where in the North East but not Newcastle.

:eek: hehe, first class is a complete waste of money - not that i've ever paid when i've sat there.
StuartYates
Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you could tell me what kind of things to expect when you are travelling first class on Virgin Trains. I'm going next week and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas of what to expect.

Thanks for your help

swimming pool, cinema, bowling lane, snooker/pool tables etc....

it's good stuff! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I suppose if its a shorter journey you're less likely to get scallies, but you hardly get scallie son longer journeys anyway as must have never been out of their home town apart from Ibiza or Ianapa (however you spell or pronounce it).

You also get a bit more leg room, but I am 6.1ft and find the leg room in trains more than ok.
Where's Intercity125 when you need him? :biggrin:
Reply 9
You get complimentary coffee, tea, water and biscuits and more room on the seats so you can relax more. Thats pretty much it
Reply 10
I think you get food as well on long ones dont you?
I've looked it up for myself now.
It depnds where you are going. If you are traveling from London (Virgin West Coast) you geet a breakfast in the mornings and hot snaksa dn drinks at all other times. You aalso get leg room and an headset for the audio (assuming you're not in a mk3 set).
On Corss Country (i.e most other trips) you get a snak box and unlimited hot and cold drinks, as well as the headset.
You can also make use of the first class lounges at major stations.
Reply 12
you don't escape the delays though...

Latest

Trending

Trending