The Student Room Group

BPP or the University of Law for SQE

Hi guys I will be studying LLM with SQE1&2. I've currently got offers from both BPP and ULaw. However, I will be looking to study online. What is the better choice and what were your experiences with the uni?
Part-time? And do you already have an offer of employment for the QWE?
Original post by SOASllbsurvivor
Part-time? And do you already have an offer of employment for the QWE?

No full-time online. And no I do not. Can I apply for that during my studies?
Choose whichever is cheapest and/or most convenient to get to. Law Firms don't care where you take the professional exams.
Original post by Beastslayer_47
No full-time online. And no I do not. Can I apply for that during my studies?

Yes, but you should have enough work experience going into this to have a job offer in hand when you toss thousands of quid at it. Otherwise this is all a money pit.
Reply 5
Anyone looking to buy the litigation books? Pm me!
Original post by Beastslayer_47
Hi guys I will be studying LLM with SQE1&2. I've currently got offers from both BPP and ULaw. However, I will be looking to study online. What is the better choice and what were your experiences with the uni?

Hi @Beastslayer_47,

I can't speak for BPP but having studied both my MA Law (conversion) and BPC at Ulaw I would really recommend them. Throughout my studies, I have had ample support and the opportunity to engage with a range of pro bono and mooting opportunities to help boost my CV and give me a broader education in the legal world. Ultimately, I doubt it matters which you pick so I would choose the one that suits your needs better, however, if I were to do my courses again, I would still pick Ulaw.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Original post by esiyolwe
Anyone looking to buy the litigation books? Pm me!

Hi I'm doing the Bar Training Course which books are you selling?

Quick Reply