This discussion is closed.
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
I dont really like big cites - I find them too busy so I will be primarly looking at campus - but am open to non campus suggestions
Cardiff's a good example of a city university that actually is pretty much like a campus really, plus it's only a small city!

My housemate does history here and she loves it! Plus you only get around 5 hours a week or something daft!
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by allisandro)
ir you're not doing a music degree then maybe have a look at unis that don't have a music degree - such as UCL - because then you can access the ensembles and practise rooms without having to compete with music students who need the credits, etc. that's what i was told and it made sense when i had a look around, as i want to keep my music up but i'm diong a science degree.

i'm going to sussex - it has a good music course so lots of ensembles and practise rooms but ensembles don't count as credits for the music students so there's no preferential treatment. it's also a campus based uni but with brighton nearby for a big city. have a look there?

Kool shall look into it
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Why would doing joint music and history be too much? Joint Honours courses are the same amount of work, you just split your modules between two subjects. You'd be more likely to stay interested and motivated as well- for example, when you got sick of doing work for music, you could switch to history and vice versa.

Hmmm good point! It is a bit confusing. I will hopefully be grade 8 viola and grade 5 piano by the time I go - is this high enough to do a music degree?
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Emmz-)
Cardiff's a good example of a city university that actually is pretty much like a campus really, plus it's only a small city!

My housemate does history here and she loves it! Plus you only get around 5 hours a week or something daft!
I shall look at that too, thanks!
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
BTW I am going to try and rep everyone who made a suggestion for the next :eek: 11 days, thanks for helping!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.57%
They might tell the bully (7)
12.5%
I don't think they'd understand (11)
19.64%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
33.93%
There's nothing they could do (17)
30.36%

Watched Threads