The Student Room Group

I need advice

Hi I’m Adam currently from Bradford. I want a gf but I get made fun of my looks, for the past week I’ve been called “ugly”. I wonder if there’s anyone out there that would love me for who I am and my looks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheikhadamsadiq
Hi I’m Adam currently from Bradford. I want a gf but I get made fun of my looks, for the past week I’ve been called “ugly”. I wonder if there’s anyone out there that would love me for who I am and my looks.

Be confident and start of with making friends. Don’t jump straight into wanting a girlfriend without knowing how other people are like!
Moreover, there will always be someone out there who will love you, don’t give up!
You never know what will happen!! 😁
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Be confident and start of with making friends. Don’t jump straight into wanting a girlfriend without knowing how other people are like!
Moreover, there will always be someone out there who will love you, don’t give up!
You never know what will happen!! 😁

I’m ready for a relationship, I have friends. Just need to find the right one

Hi, I'm a straight male but I can tell you to not let those people mess with your confidence. Try to still be nice to those stupidheads, you don't want to make enemies. You have to remember that you are as beautifull as you feel you are. There is so much more than looks what girls look at. If you want to do something abput your looks take a new haircut or change your clothingstyle as you like for example. I don't think looks matter that much to getting a gf, only if you want to get a gf via a dating app. If I can talk about my own experience. (I don't have a gf yet, but since 2 years ago I noticed that I get the attention of girls. I experienced alot of flirting of girls who already had boyfriends. And I am also not a man who girls find attractive. On dating apps for example I dodn't even get one match, yet in real life girls with boyfriends flirt with me😮*💨. But enough of my drama.) 3 things changed since then. I looked thinner, I tried to walk and stand with a straight back. I tried to talk more to people and make more eye contact while talking to people. Especially girls like it when you make eye contact with them, but please don't overdo it. You can also check the internet how to make eye contact with people or girls. I noticed that girls like it if you compliment them. Just be kind, respectfull and be funny. Girls really like funny and confident guys. Sometimes you just have to fake it till you make it in this world. And remember, somewhere in your proximity there is a girl who is the perfect match you. Just be yourself and try talking to girls. You can also maybe try to help a girl who seems nice to you at your university. Girls tend to like guys who help them out. You can do this! I believe in you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm a straight male but I can tell you to not let those people mess with your confidence. Try to still be nice to those stupidheads, you don't want to make enemies. You have to remember that you are as beautifull as you feel you are. There is so much more than looks what girls look at. If you want to do something abput your looks take a new haircut or change your clothingstyle as you like for example. I don't think looks matter that much to getting a gf, only if you want to get a gf via a dating app. If I can talk about my own experience. (I don't have a gf yet, but since 2 years ago I noticed that I get the attention of girls. I experienced alot of flirting of girls who already had boyfriends. And I am also not a man who girls find attractive. On dating apps for example I dodn't even get one match, yet in real life girls with boyfriends flirt with me😮*💨. But enough of my drama.) 3 things changed since then. I looked thinner, I tried to walk and stand with a straight back. I tried to talk more to people and make more eye contact while talking to people. Especially girls like it when you make eye contact with them, but please don't overdo it. You can also check the internet how to make eye contact with people or girls. I noticed that girls like it if you compliment them. Just be kind, respectfull and be funny. Girls really like funny and confident guys. Sometimes you just have to fake it till you make it in this world. And remember, somewhere in your proximity there is a girl who is the perfect match you. Just be yourself and try talking to girls. You can also maybe try to help a girl who seems nice to you at your university. Girls tend to like guys who help them out. You can do this! I believe in you!

Thanks brother, appreciate it but I don’t go uni. I just felt the urge to make this account here as to me it’s like childline. Went thru hard times bro
Thanks brother, appreciate it but I don’t go uni. I just felt the urge to make this account here as to me it’s like childline. Went thru hard times bro

No problem, but how do you meet girls then? I understand that. Sorry to hear that. Try to talk to family or friends or otherwise please go to a therapist. I also went to a therapist when I found it hard to deal with my life experiences. Remember that there also people who want to help you! You will get through it bro! And about the girlthing. Just be the best version of yourself and be open and kind. Love is weird. And quite often when you don't seek for love you will find it.
No problem, but how do you meet girls then? I understand that. Sorry to hear that. Try to talk to family or friends or otherwise please go to a therapist. I also went to a therapist when I found it hard to deal with my life experiences. Remember that there also people who want to help you! You will get through it bro! And about the girlthing. Just be the best version of yourself and be open and kind. Love is weird. And quite often when you don't seek for love you will find it.

I just try and say Hi, they make fun and go
I just try and say Hi, they make fun and go

Don't let those girls mess with your confidence. It's good that you try, but the way I think is that by the way those girls act it shows they are not good people. And in that way they made it easier for you to find the perfect girl for you. You can maybe find a nice girl who share the same interests as you. Good luck! I believe in you!
Don't let those girls mess with your confidence. It's good that you try, but the way I think is that by the way those girls act it shows they are not good people. And in that way they made it easier for you to find the perfect girl for you. You can maybe find a nice girl who share the same interests as you. Good luck! I believe in you!

I don’t know how, I’ve tried everything. All of the websites and apps
I don’t know how, I’ve tried everything. All of the websites and apps
You mean dating apps? If you talk about dating apps, welll. Like I said I had like 1 match and I have been on dating apps for I think 4 months in total. While talking to girls at college I notice more attention from girls. I think that girls on dating apps only look at looks, but if you meet girls in real life they really can see who you are. Try doing sports, or join clubs to meet girls with similar interests.

Sounds brutal ibr, not even gonna lie, but focus on your career. Don't force anything, if it happens it happens.
Original post by Albert_burdett
Sounds brutal ibr, not even gonna lie, but focus on your career. Don't force anything, if it happens it happens.

My parents want me to get married since I’m Muslim. I don’t want to force that on anyone I meet. I just want a gf 😭

How old are you?
How old are you?

I’m 18
I’m 18
What's the youngest and oldest you'd date
What's the youngest and oldest you'd date

17 and older

Believe me, if you find the right girl and you are confident, looks will not matter at all. It is confidence that will win them over. I wont say too much but someone I know has only 1 eye and other eye is down near cheek level and a strange shaed head. Does it stop him, NOPE not at all. I have seen him really kissing a beautiful girl, mind you she was drunk, but still, and he is now married and does not stop him going out making most of life. So if sort get going !
I’m ready for a relationship, I have friends. Just need to find the right one

Is there anyone who seems to be interested in you or you being interested into them?
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Is there anyone who seems to be interested in you or you being interested into them?

Idk bro 😭
Idk bro 😭

😞 thought you liked me- cc

Quick Reply