The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Uni Accomodation

So basically I’m considering Sheffield Uni as an option to go study at and for that I would most likely need accommodation. Could someone pls give me the pros and cons of Sheffield Unis accommodation and how they personally found it??
Hi,

Generally, I find that Sheffield is very good for student accommodation, there's a ton of options so you're spoilt for choice.

I guess it also depends if you're going into your first year and want to stick with university halls or look for cheaper options from another provider.

I stayed in Allen Court first year (en-suite), and generally found it was quite nice, however the walls are pretty thin so things can be quite loud.

I guess it also depends where you get accommodation too, some accommodations are further from the university and some might be in shadier areas (e.g. Devonshire green).

But according to some friends some accommodation providers aren't that great, a friend at Rockingham had pretty rubbish maintenance and took ages weeks to repair a lift among other things.

Also as a note, have a look at contract lengths, some halls provide 40-44 week contracts whilst others provide 50-51 week contracts, so just keep that in mind as you might end up paying more than you expected
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply