Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    allright ,today I went to a doctor,so I got in and he was just like any other doctor whats wrong with you sweety and stuff :rolleyes: ,but he was sooo dry,didn't even smile :hmpf: , then he was like nothing is wrong with you,then he was like if I talked to you on the phone before you came, I'd never would've let you come,then he turned to mom and was like don't listen to her and bring her here again,and then he gave me his card and was like *if anything is wrong just call me,don't come here*
    I was like what's up with him,so what I just wanted to check that nothing is wrong,he was so weird,I mean what if something was wrong and I just ignored it :mad: ..it was really weird :creep:
    from now on I really dislike doctors :mad: :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    whydya think something was wrong? I am a boy, but my doctor is alady, they seem so much nicer, even if they have got cold hands... brrrr.

In general, I think you have to be a little bit weird to put yourself through 7 years plus of training(post uni) to do a job, having all that stuff in their heads must just mess them up a bit i suppose. Oh, and also, think of all the scrubby disgusting smelly and just plain ick patinets they have to deal with all the time, I'd lose my patience (no pun intended) in a flash!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing better than a clever doctor for making you feel like a stupid hypochondriac! But isn't that what they're there for; to make sure there is nothing wrong when you feel ill?! However, most doctors I've met are nice; some, on the other hand, are very good at making you feel silly and insignificant!

ReputationRep:
    Hey is this after you were sick? Hope you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    I just there was something wrong and went to the doctor to check out,but when he saw nothing was wrong he acted as if we were criminals or we've done a crime or something LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    In general, I think you have to be a little bit weird to put yourself through 7 years plus of training(post uni) to do a job, having all that stuff in their heads must just mess them up a bit i suppose.
    *rocks back & forth manically..* & post uni training never really ends, you need certain CPD (continuing professional development) points every year, AFAIK.

...patinets they have to deal with all the time, I'd lose my patience (no pun intended) in a flash!
    well, yes..i was going to comment that perhaps there's an even greater array of 'weird' patients than there are weird Dr's.. :p:

on a serious note, if you don't like your GP - then switch within the practise.. having a decent working relationship with them probably makes things a lot easier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    allright ,today I went to a doctor,so I got in and he was just like any other doctor whats wrong with you sweety and stuff :rolleyes: ,but he was sooo dry,didn't even smile :hmpf: , then he was like nothing is wrong with you,then he was like if I talked to you on the phone before you came, I'd never would've let you come,then he turned to mom and was like don't listen to her and bring her here again,and then he gave me his card and was like *if anything is wrong just call me,don't come here*
    You should've inspected for skeletons in the closet.

ReputationRep:
    My doctor is really funny and helpful!

I was like what's up with him,so what I just wanted to check that nothing is wrong,he was so weird,I mean what if something was wrong and I just ignored it :mad: ..it was really weird :creep:
    from now on I really dislike doctors :mad: :aetsch:
    Maybe you should change doctors...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    well, yes..i was going to comment that perhaps there's an even greater array of 'weird' patients than there are weird Dr's.. :p:
    i wouldn't bet too much money on that

ReputationRep:
    Doctors are there to cure sick people. If he determined you weren't sick, then there was nothing he could do but send you away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    i wouldn't bet too much money on that
    is bristol full of well adjusted, 'normal' non medic types then? :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    is bristol full of well adjusted, 'normal' non medic types then? :eek: :p:
    yeah, but no, but yeah but no..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    yeah, but no, but yeah but no..
    i know that's some TV related character joke.. only, in my oxford bubble, there are no TVs.. :eek: plenty of melodrama from the weird prospective patients though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Doctors are there to cure sick people. If he determined you weren't sick, then there was nothing he could do but send you away!
    ha! you're having a laugh aren't you..? i wouldn't trust my GP as far as i could throw him, never mind expect him to be curing sick people

ReputationRep:
    I might become one, and I'm a bit abnormal to say the least....

ReputationRep:
    I live with 2 medical students and let me tell you, they work harder than anyone else to get their qualifications, so it's hardly surprising that when they finish they feel a little bit bummed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    yeah but checking is better than curing...and he acted as if I did something so wrong,and if I told why I went there you'd tell me I was right to go there but he acted as if I've done something so wrong :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yeah but checking is better than curing...and he acted as if I did something so wrong,and if I told why I went there you'd tell me I was right to go there but he acted as if I've done something so wrong :eek:
    so why did you go there? tell us : )

ReputationRep:
    good point..
    what was your prob?

did you just feel weird but in the end it did not seem to be any illness??

well dude its good you went coz you never know!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.