Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Remember the mantra left-wingers have been using for the past few years regarding immigration? "oh, those non-white immigrants are only a small percentage, Britain is still 99.9999999% white, you have nothing to worry about." This pretty much shatters that feelgood ******y. Muslims are not content with simply living in our country or seeking asylum, they want to force us to live by their laws. They are literally coming into our country and acting as if they own the place.

For a few weeks now, Muslims in the UK have been complaining about and vandalizing billboards in their neighborhoods featuring scantily clad women because the show of skin offends them.

Of particular concern are poster's for the show Desperate Housewives, which show more cleavage than the locals in some parts of East London would like. A group called Muslims Against Advertising has deemed them offensive and encouraged people to tear them down or deface them.

Speaking to the the Indo-Asian News Service, Ahmed Shiekh of the Muslim Association of Britain said the issue is not one of free speech because "because freedom of speech should end when you offend others."

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Typical.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry? How is that a takeover attempt?

ReputationRep:
    Absolute rubbish, as Agent Smith says, how does that demonstrate a take-over attempt?

Let me guess, is this another extract off the BNP's website? :rolleyes:

If you are going to come up with some stupid "muslims takeover" theory, at least do it with credible evidence, from a credible source, which is not so blatantly biased.

As for; "because freedom of speech should end when you offend others.", I fully agree.

(Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Absolute rubbish, as Agent Smith says, how does that demonstrate a take-over attempt?

If you are going to come up with some stupid "muslims takeover" theory, at least do it with credible evidence, from a credible source, which is not so blatantly biased.

As for; "because freedom of speech should end when you offend others.", I fully agree.
    Indeed, its a sentiment that is reflected throughout our society. Its certainly nothing new

ReputationRep:

I dont know about takeover, but the quoted material is accurate.

Do you agree with vandalising property that does not belong to you?

ReputationRep:
    Muslims are the new jews (no offence to any jewish or muslim people)

People always need somebody to blame. As hitler did to the jews, now people are doing it to muslims.

Im not saying all muslims are good, but im not saying there all bad either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    Muslims are the new jews (no offence to any jewish or muslim people)

People always need somebody to blame. As hitler did to the jews, now people are doing it to muslims.

Im not saying all muslims are good, but im not saying there all bad either.
    What are Muslims being blamed for? Vandalising billboards, demanding the institution of Sharia courts, rejecting British values for Islam, demeaning the Holocaust, carrying out the majority of anti-semitic attacks and offences across Europe, violence and death threats against muslims and non-muslims alike in the name of religion, murder in the name of religion, and 24 hour protection for politicians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Do you agree with vandalising property that does not belong to you?
    No, obviously not, but then tell me is this only as a result of Muslims? No, it's not. White people, black people, asians all commit vandalism. There is absolutely no need to single out muslims, and this has not even been substantiated.

ReputationRep:
    No, obviously not.
    Thankyou.

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/n...ervice_id=1326

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou.

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/n...ervice_id=1326
    Is this only as a result of Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    Is this only as a result of Muslims?
    Certainly those representing Muslim communities, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly those representing Muslim communities, yes.
    Vandalism is only as a result of muslims?

ReputationRep:
    Vandalism is only as a result of muslims?
    Vandalism is committed by all sorts of individuals. What makes this case of more concern is that it stretches beyond the criminal act of an individual to the organised criminal act of a community. Criminal acts of which are committed in the name of the Muslim community and criminal acts which are defended by the Muslim Association of Britain. Britons are expected to abide by the common laws of the land and be met with justice by society. Actions like this and the lack of condemnation, give the impression that certain communities within British society are neither willing or fit enough to be part of it.

ReputationRep:
    Vandalising billboards - Take a look around the country, this is happening by all races and religious followers, not just by Muslims?

Demanding the institution of Sharia courts - I'd be interested to see evidence of this showing all Muslims demanding this.

Rejecting British values for Islam - Such as, and evidence?

Demeaning the Holocaust - Examples and credible evidence?

Heres an extract of the views of the Muslim Council of Britain - Who represent British Muslims...
    (Original post by MCB statement on Holocaust Memorial Day)
    The Nazi Holocaust was a truly evil and abhorrent crime and we stand together with our fellow British Jews in their sense of pain and anguish. None of us must ever forget how the Holocaust began. We must remember it began with a hatred that dehumanised an entire people, that fostered state brutality, made second class citizens of honest, innocent people because of their religion and ethnic identity. Those who were vilified and seen as a threat could be subjected to group punishment; dispossession and impoverishment while the rest of the world stood idly by, washing its hands off despair and suffering that kept getting worse. The MCB believes, that we have therefore to do more than just remember and reflect on the past - we must be able to see when the same abuses occur in our own time.
    Carrying out the majority of anti-semitic attacks and offences across Europe - Examples and credible evidence?

Violence and death threats against muslims and non-muslims alike
    - Isn't there violence shown by all races and religions to other groups?

Murder - Again, not limited to Muslims

ReputationRep:
    Vandalism is committed by all sorts of individuals.
    That'll be all vienna.
    Defended by the Muslim Council of Britain.
    I want you to provide concrete evidence of this, otherwise, this is absolute rubbish.
    Britons are expected to abide by the common laws of the land and be met with justice by society. Actions like this and the lack of condemnation, give the impression that certain communities within British society are neither willing or fit enough to be part of it.
    So you're saying Muslims knowingly go out of their ways to break laws, and are not fit to be part of this society? - What utter nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    I want you to provide concrete evidence of this, otherwise, this is absolute rubbish.
    My apologies, I should have said, Muslim Association of Britain, which is indeed more representative.

Ahmed Shiekh of the Muslim Association of Britain said the issue is not one of free speech because "because freedom of speech should end when you offend others."

So you're saying Muslims knowingly go out of their ways to break laws, and are not fit to be part of this society? - What utter nonsense.
    Those that are willingly part of Muslims against Advertising and its sympathisers, yes, are knowingly breaking the law. As with any criminal, they should be prosecuted and owe a debt to society. Im more concerned about the general justification and disregard for the law and the property of others by both these communities as a whole and a forum for British Muslims.

I don't think it's worth arguing with someone as ignorants and narrow-minded as you. Your contempt for Muslims clearly clouds any rational thought.
    oh, I hadnt expected an insult ridden concession this early on.

ReputationRep:
    This is just another example of hardline Muslims giving the rest a bad name. The ideological difference between this and 11/9 is that the anti-poster lobby actually have a reasonable case. Their religion upholds, among other things, modesty. They draw the line in a different place to liberal Muslims and other people, but theirs is just as valid a point of view.

ReputationRep:
    I think attempts to impose islamic ethics will annoy people who believe that that culture is less progressive (more backwards?) than british. Which I'm inclined to agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    This is just another example of hardline Muslims giving the rest a bad name.
    Parts of Muslim community in and around Birmingham are hardline? What is Zarqawi if these are hardline?

The ideological difference between this and 11/9 is that the anti-poster lobby actually have a reasonable case. Their religion upholds, among other things, modesty. They draw the line in a different place to liberal Muslims and other people, but theirs is just as valid a point of view.
    Point of view.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.