Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim immigrants openly attempt a takeover watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Did you even read the post properly??????????
    Yes thankyou, and responded appropriately to that which i felt demanded a reponse. As I made clear repeatedly on this thread, there is no opportunity for debate if you feel it necessary to fabricate arguments against other posters. As a result, the discussion quickly drew to a close. I will give you credit for diluting you fabrication from my apparent charges against "all muslims" to the 'majority". If you feel it necessary to pursue this, Id start by explaining that discrepency in accusation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Yes thankyou, and responded appropriately to that which i felt demanded a reponse.
    So effectively, I can't win. If I read what your comments actually say, you tell me I am fabricating your views. If I challenge them for what they are, you dismiss them. If I ask for clarification, you refuse. And you then have the nerve to tell me I'm the one who prevents debate.

ReputationRep:
    If I challenge them for what they are.
    Thats where you are going wrong. You are happy to reiterate straw men arguments based on your belief of my opinion without accepting the clarification that I provided. Since those arguments have no sound base, you are therefore led into inconsistency, demonstrated by the fact that "all" has become "majority".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Thats where you are going wrong. You are happy to reiterate straw men arguments based on your belief of my opinion without accepting the clarification that I provided. Since those arguments have no sound base, you are therefore led into inconsistency, demonstrated by the fact that "all" has become "majority".
    I'm not going to start discussing this with you for nth time, quite frankly, it's boring.

I'm not going to start discussing this with you for nth time, quite frankly, it's boring.
    C'mon Caddie, yer not going to go down in flames under Vienna's rapid fire 50 caliber machine guns....ARE YOU?

Going doing down in flames? Nope Douglas, it's just futile to argue with someone who has such continuous double standards. Maybe you can help me out with my options?

If I read viennas comments as they are written, she claims I am fabricating them. If I read them and interpret them, she claims my interpretation is wrong and dismisses them. If I ask for clarification, she stoutly refuses either by ignoring the post, by saying she no longer thinks I want to discuss the issue, or by saying that her argument was directed at another member.

What exactly am I to do Douglas?

Stop 'feeding' her. Don't use her quotes on your replies - refer to what she has said that you disagree with without involving her - the thing is, if a poster is vehemently against the poliitcal ideals of another poster it can become a case of 'seeking out their posts' to argue against them.

It does become tiresome for all concerned after a while - this is why I think that 'depersonalising' posts is a better way of debating.

ReputationRep:
    Going doing down in flames? Nope Douglas, it's just futile to argue with someone who has such continuous double standards. Maybe you can help me out with my options?

If I read viennas comments as they are written, she claims I am fabricating them. If I read them and interpret them, she claims my interpretation is wrong and dismisses them. If I ask for clarification, she stoutly refuses either by ignoring the post, by saying she no longer thinks I want to discuss the issue, or by saying that her argument was directed at another member.

What exactly am I to do Douglas?
    substantiate this, "are you again now saying that the majority of Muslims are breaking the law and have not assimilated?"

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...9&postcount=17 - "Those that are willingly part of Muslims against Advertising and its sympathisers, yes, are knowingly breaking the law"
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0&postcount=38 - "My concern is with specific communities,"

Post 49 - MC - "By your own agreement, every British Muslim does not have the same homogenous action and thought, therefore, your repeated insinuation that all British Muslims agree with, or are part of this campaign is wrong."

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...7&postcount=59
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...0&postcount=69
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...1&postcount=90 - "There was never any claim that this was representative of every Muslim, yet the Muslim Association of Britain would condone their acts"
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...4&postcount=91
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...0&postcount=97

(Original post by yawn)
    Stop 'feeding' her. Don't use her quotes on your replies - refer to what she has said that you disagree with without involving her - the thing is, if a poster is vehemently against the poliitcal ideals of another poster it can become a case of 'seeking out their posts' to argue against them.

It does become tiresome for all concerned after a while - this is why I think that 'depersonalising' posts is a better way of debating.
    painfully true!

. What exactly am I to do Douglas?
    Perhaps this will help
    How to Argue With Females

(Original post by Douglas)
    Perhaps this will help
    How to Argue With Females
    lol - sexist claptrap!

Don't know if it's appropriate for Vienna as he/she has never told us what gender he/she is despite being asked many times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Don't know if it's appropriate for Vienna as he/she has never told us what gender he/she is despite being asked many times.
    Her profile says female.

ReputationRep:
    You still haven't answer the question. I can pull out quotes if you want, but I don't want to waste my time.
    It should be obvious that you should have pulled out quotes a while back. Im asking you to repeatedly substantiate your accusations some 200+ posts after I clarified my comments.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.