1: Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mudblood13)
    1: Do you Hate us?
    Yes, but then again i hate everybody and everything

so dont take it personaly

keep makin useless threads and then i will.

ReputationRep:
    not in general. GWB possibly. Most Americans I have met have been great people. Its just the occasional one that can grate a bit. I think its a culture thing

ReputationRep:
    1: Thank You!

Dude are you seriously going to thank everyone who says they don't hate an entire populous? Anyone who feels they can hate 'Americans' as a whole, not just Bob and Louisa from Louisiana because they host **** wife-swapping parties or whatever, is a tit and must be pitied...!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why dude?
    I friggin hate all those limeys who are so ill-informed that they don't distinguish British and American culture as they imagine it, depicted on their little TV screenset. Those guys still haven't got the joke about Ali G...

ReputationRep:
    Isn't 'limey' Australian slang for an English person? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I can't hate America - I mean they saved our asses in World War II and then set up Europe as it is now. Furthermore, most Americans are decent but I still can't believe you's voted Bush back in! Bemuses me - but then again - you are the 'bastions of democracy' and I'll respect you're compatriots decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    Isn't 'limey' Australian slang for an English person? :confused:
    It was a joke. Australian slang for a Brit is a Pom. American slang for a Brit is Limey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    It was a joke. Australian slang for a Brit is a Pom. American slang for a Brit is Limey.
    Oh right...I see

ReputationRep:
    Dear god yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Nah, I can't hate America - I mean they saved our asses in World War II and then set up Europe as it is now. Furthermore, most Americans are decent but I still can't believe you's voted Bush back in! Bemuses me - but then again - you are the 'bastions of democracy' and I'll respect you're compatriots decision.
    America didn't save our assess. The Russians did.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, forget to mention - I don't particularly get Canada - I mean, has Canada ever done anything? You never hear about Canada getting involved in world affairs, it has 30 million people and Australia only 19 million but you sort of hear about them. I really don't get Canada - not that I don't like Canadians

ReputationRep:
    They saved britan in WWII

Britan saved them in WWIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Dear god yes.
    A little harsh perhaps. They cant all be bad. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    "Bastions of democracy! hahahaha! what a ****ing joke! One look at the american electoral system shows you that it is as woefully corrupt as the average undeveloped country's "democracy". This was particualrly well high-lighted by George Bush's first "Victory".

ReputationRep:
    Oh, forget to mention - I don't particularly get Canada - I mean, has Canada ever done anything? You never hear about Canada getting involved in world affairs, it has 30 million people and Australia only 19 million but you sort of hear about them. I really don't get Canada - not that I don't like Canadians
    You can say that about france, spain, greece, ireland, scotland, wales etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    America didn't save our assess. The Russians did.
    Doesnt like american sports, doesnt like american people hmm :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.