This discussion is closed.
Ariel4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by danmint)
Ok, don't mean to offend anyone here but i've heard depression stories about a million times, here's your solution. Even though i dont do psychology it's very basic. You start off mildly depressed, the more you think about it however the worse it gets, this goes into a vicious cycle. Your solution? Do something you enjoy doing, something that will NOT remind you of your depression (e.g. poetry). If you don't see a point in living then you have no life goals, which is pretty ironic for someone that is a student. My advice is to hope for the best and remember, there is always someone worse off than you.
apparently theres loads of students that suffer from depression. i wonder why that is?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
maybe The Smiths isn't the best band to be listening to, AT Girlfriend in a coma is enough to make most people feel down!
The irony is I have actually been feeling a lot less depressed since I have got into the Smiths. The Smith's are actually quite happy lyrics compared to Joy Division's though!

Its stuff like ABBA that gets me depressed these days.
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
Have you ever gone througth a period in your life when you just think Why am I bothering? What is the point? and you get with depressed without having a reason to be. However, you don't feel like "ending it" but you don't see any reason to go on etc etc.

If so, how on earth do you get rid of it?
awwwwwww, trust me, I've had a lot of times where I've felt this way but it really doesn't help to be down about things. Sometimes I feel like the whole world is against me. I am a great God believer, but I'm always thinking, why is it that God made me and my fiance be apart for a year without seeing each other...why is God doing this to me...why is God doing that to me...and sometimes I just feel to give it all up. But then I remember that there are so many people out there who love me so much and would do anthing for me. In that way I know that there are probably people in your life who love you so much and you just need to make sure that you acknowledge that. Go out with the people you know care about you and tell yourself that you have a ton of good qualities and your life is worth too much to give up. Buy yourself some goodies, eat and drink as much as you want and cheer yourself up alongside your loved ones. Remember they are here today but you never know what God has in store for tomorrow. Just enjoy your life and go about things in a more positive, optimistic way and everything will be ok - promise...

Love Ladyshort
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah alot of times I do,but then I think about the reason i'm depressed and think it's not worth it,I write it down sometimes it may help you to realise whats really wrong,or i go and tell mom whatever is bothering me
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I do have a diary similar to the one in Princess Dairies i.e this not by day/week but it is a diary. I have been writing sooooo much it in lately but when my "friends" ask me what's wrong I can't seem the vebalise it.

Also, despite my best efforts, I have been able to have a good cry to see if that will help.

Basically, this boy I was kind of seeing but not (does that make sense?) seeing got this horrible b*tch of a girlfriend and then told her some really nasty stuff about me then she threated that if I ever went near him, she would make sure I got what a b*tch like me deserved. But because of the nasty thing he said, I haven't spoken to him since but then he started what my friends are talking "stalking" techinques to try and get me to speak to him again and that is just the start of it.
At home, my parents and I are have more than our average of 10 arguements a day and my dad is now not speaking to me and my mum when it is needed and only when it is.
My teachers are pestering every mintute of the day for some piece of work or other. I usually manage to keep on top of my workload but for some reason I can't seem to get into gear.
And that is NOT all, there is some stuff I don't feel like trying to explain on the internet of all places. but....
Now, on top of all this, I have a cold!

Thank you for the kind rep which has now made me a beacon of light :tsr: :tsr: I am gald there are people out there who know how s*it life can be at times. I just hope I get through this in time for my exams!
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have you ever gone througth a period in your life when you just think Why am I bothering? What is the point? and you get with depressed without having a reason to be. However, you don't feel like "ending it" but you don't see any reason to go on etc etc.

happens to me everyday :aetsch:
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[COLOR=BLUE]I do have a diary similar to the one in Princess Dairies i.e this not by day/week but it is a diary. I have been writing sooooo much it in lately but when my "friends" ask me what's wrong I can't seem the vebalise it.
I have this too,and man it's full of cursing,but I write the date usually,I don't care if I didn't write for a month just when I feel like it,it sorta help I guess
My teachers are pestering every mintute of the day for some piece of work or other. I usually manage to keep on top of my workload but for some reason I can't seem to get into gear.
And that is NOT all, there is some stuff I don't feel like trying to explain on the internet of all places. but....
Now, on top of all this, I have a cold!
well I'm on the edge of litrally breakdown,since yesterday,my physics teacher is pregnant she is gonna stop coming to school after a month as she is having a baby we have to compress our time to finish practical,synoptics and revise the other two books and yet suddenly it snowed for two weeks last week,and they say its going to snow the whole next week,now I don't know what will happen to me and my friends:bawling:
Sanna.M
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i understand a_musical_gal especialy when you feel there is no problem with the ways thngs are going but just fed up of everything and life.
There isn't much of a solution for this other then time dude. Just give it time and you'll get over this. Maybe just take a day away from everything.. even people and chill and do nothing, just relax!
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 14 years ago

Yes.

And the answer is there is no way to do it. just keep trying. Also it helps to be optimistic, but pessimism is so much more fun.
Sanna.M
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no stick to optimistic!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads