The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You must have a lot of money to burn to be looking at places like that!!!!
Reply 2
So I take it that I'm looking in fairly nice areas??
bellacoco
I am moving from the states within the next month or so to London and I would like to know the best areas to live. I am currently looking in chelsea, south ken, notting hill, and knightsbridge.

Dont live in London :wink: hehe :biggrin:

(sorry all you londoners)
Put it this way, you either need a massive loan or your daddy needs a massive company to be thinking of those places.
Reply 5
well, I must live in London because this is where I will be studying. And I will certainly not be using a loan.
Why do you need to be so central in London? If you look further afield and commute you could save yourself a lot of money and still end up in a nice house, and you'd probably get a garden!!
Reply 7
I say dont live in london, 1 reason being its more expencive than the rest of the country
Reply 8
bellacoco
well, I must live in London because this is where I will be studying. And I will certainly not be using a loan.

you do realise that buying a house in those areas would cost a minimum of the best part of a million? surely if you're staying there as a student you can rent accomodation?

Edit: sorry i read your post incorrectly, you didn't say you wanted to buy a property. those are all very nice areas. knightsbridge is where harrods is, if you've heard of it..! south kensington is where a few student halls of residences are, but most students renting choose a property a bit further away due to the cost.
bellacoco

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I hope you are reasonably well off then, I don't know the figures but its gonna cost you like 10 grand a year just to live and eat
Reply 10
Don't go to London! That is the worse part of the UK you can visit!
Reply 11
Yes, I will be renting, not buying. Again I must live central london for uni. Money isn't really an issue... more or less. I can spend around 600 pounds per week on rent.
I really like London, I live about a 45 minute train jourmey from the centre and often visit to shop along Oxford Street. If you are lucky, your Uni may be near a mainline station, in which case commuting wouldn't be that much of a hassle
Reply 13
bellacoco
Yes, I will be renting, not buying. Again I must live central london for uni. Money isn't really an issue... more or less. I can spend around 600 pounds per week on rent.

wow, your rich 0_o
600 pounds, are you kidding me, well you'll probably be fine when looking for a place then.
bellacoco

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm spending 60 a week on rent next year and I'll need to work 20 hours a week and take out a 4 grand loan. You are a very lucky person.
Reply 16
bellacoco

Are you using the right exchange rate?
Reply 17
Yes, I am rather fortunate, thank you. But I didn't post this thread to boast about my financial situation. thank you all for your input!!! Anyone studying law at king's or LSE?
Reply 18
yes I am using the right exchange rate, why?
some very nice areas:

Lambeth
Brent
Hackney

Latest

Trending

Trending