The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why don't you just buy a property?!
annabellewalter

Yeah :idea: if house prices continue to rise you could make a mint. Mind you you could also end up with negative equity.
annabellewalter

ah yes!! why didn't I think of doing that here in manchester!?!? sod renting! i'm going to buy a house next year with my student loan and overdraft!
Well this person is using no loans and is prepared to spend 30000+ on rent alone. If there is that sort of dispensable income in the family it could be worth investing.
Reply 24
I have considered buying... I don't know. If that's the case the max I would purchase a flat for is 400,000
Reply 25
The nice thing about renting is the ability to find a place already furnished. I don't want to move a bunch of stuff. And if I buy new furniture then I'll end up moving it later on down the road.
yeh but renting in london is gonna sting you out of money if you can afford to buy....
Reply 27
Why don't you Google some London estate agents so you can see what is available and get an idea of costs... we can't be of much real use here!

But as many have said... there really is no need to live in ridiculously expensive areas like Chelsea... you'd be better off looking at Waterloo, Bloomsbury, Bayswater, Ealing... places all within a few minutes on the underground but far cheaper. In Chelsea you would have very few students near to you and would be lucky to get a loaf of bread for less than £5!
Check out Gloucester road, but you might also want to look at docklands (E14, close to canary wharf). There are lots of extremely luxurious modern developments over that way, excellent transport links due to the jubilee line, it's quieter and safer than the west-end, and costs less too. Did i mention you also get stunning river views?

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?submit_type=search&search_form=keyword&bedrooms_max=2&tag=qs&search_type=LL&price_to=750&bedrooms=2&view_results=on&location_ids=290&keyword_value=E14
Reply 29
Given the choice, I'd probably incline myself towards a tenancy where it didn't rain beer bottles, night and day. But then, I do have notoriously exacting standards.
Profesh
Given the choice, I'd probably incline myself towards a tenancy where it didn't rain beer bottles, night and day. But then, I do have notoriously exacting standards.

Which location was your remark intended towards?
Reply 31
dazmanultra
Which location was your remark intended towards?

Mine.

Fear not: I wasn't casting aspersions outside my own jurisdiction :rolleyes:
Profesh
Mine.

Fear not: I wasn't casting aspersions outside my own jurisdiction :rolleyes:

LOL fair enough. I was just interested as to where it might be raining beer bottles... because nearby it could be raining beer. :cool:
Reply 33
my friend has bought me a flat in london :smile: so in the holidays we can live together, but term time we live seperately....cool huh

Latest

Trending

Trending