Want to write a book? Erm, right now?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Lurker
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
Is anyone doing Na-No-Wri-Mo? The point is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. It doesn't have to be a work of art, but at least you'll be able to call yourself a novelist. Anyway, if you happen to have a lot of spare time in November, or aren't particularly fond of sleeping, there's still a day to sign up -
http://www.nanowrimo.org
Golz
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
are you asking people to do it for you?
Anyway. What is the age group on it? I am only in year 7 but will i still be able toenter? What do you win if you win or is it just for fun
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
no. I have a 4000 word extended essay, a 1600 word ToK essay, a 2000 word history essay, two 1500 world lit essays, five 400 word economics commentaries etc etc... IB hell never ends
Lurker
Rep:
(Original post by Golz)
are you asking people to do it for you?
Anyway. What is the age group on it? I am only in year 7 but will i still be able toenter? What do you win if you win or is it just for fun
No, I just thought there'd be at least a couple of writers around here. I was going to have a go, but I'll probably be too busy in November.

If you're under 13 you have to have your parents permission. It's just for fun - there's be lots of winners, anyone who reaches the 50,000 words. There's no prize, but you'll have written a book.
Golz
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Lurker)
No, I just thought there'd be at least a couple of writers around here. I was going to have a go, but I'll probably be too busy in November.

If you're under 13 you have to have your parents permission. It's just for fun - there's be lots of winners, anyone who reaches the 50,000 words. There's no prize, but you'll have written a book.
will the book be published?
Golz
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Is anyone doing Na-No-Wri-Mo? The point is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. It doesn't have to be a work of art, but at least you'll be able to call yourself a novelist. Anyway, if you happen to have a lot of spare time in November, or aren't particularly fond of sleeping, there's still a day to sign up -
http://www.nanowrimo.org
how do i sign up for it? do i have to click sign up now?
Lurker
Rep:
(Original post by Golz)
will the book be published?
Well, I think that's like all other books - it'll be published if it's good, not because you wrote it in a month, or because you wrote it as part of NaNoWriMo.

Yes, I think to sign up you should click the 'sign up now' button.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Well, I think that's like all other books - it'll be published if it's good, not because you wrote it in a month, or because you wrote it as part of NaNoWriMo.

Yes, I think to sign up you should click the 'sign up now' button.
Well it sounds like it would good for getting people interested in writing. My school is throwing so many essays at me right now I wouldn't have time to get involved.. maybe when I retire

Hey maybe you could post part of your novel up when you've finished for us to rate?
Lurker
Rep:
(Original post by Elle)
Well it sounds like it would good for getting people interested in writing. My school is throwing so many essays at me right now I wouldn't have time to get involved.. maybe when I retire

Hey maybe you could post part of your novel up when you've finished for us to rate?
Unfortunately, I've decided I really won't have time to do it this year...
maybe next year. Only then I'll be in uni (hopefully)... I suppose it really is a 'now or never' kinda situation. If I do do it, I'll post a bit here. But chances are I won't have time. :mad: (Also probably won't because I'm no writer, I just think it sounds like fun).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.79%
Okay (99)
29.38%
A bit lacking (122)
36.2%
Not good at all (83)
24.63%

Watched Threads