Turn on thread page Beta

Breaking news:

Prince Charles is to wed Camilla Parker-Bowles. Not date yet announced but it's expected to be on 6th April! :eek:

Reactions?

:eek: Dumb dumb Charles.

ReputationRep:
    I can't recall another news story i'm more indifferent about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Breaking news:

Prince Charles is to wed Camilla Parker-Bowles. Not date yet announced but it's expected to be on 6th April! :eek:

Reactions?
    :hello: both are Germans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Breaking news:

Reactions?
    Anarchy in the UK ... :bootyshak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Breaking news:

Reactions?
    who is Camilla Parker-Bowles? i am such an uninformed person

ReputationRep:
    She's another member of the stuck up cling ons of the royal family.

ReputationRep:
    oh mym dad is just wathing CNN..theyr are talking about prince Charles and this stuff..
    according to them Charles and this women have been in love before he married Diana..

hmm..
    boring stuff...

According to the BBC there are four obstacles in the way - that is, if they've not already been secretly moved prior to the announcement!

The Church - moves to allow divorcees to remarry in church are in hand with two explicit exceptions - whether the marriage 'consecrates' a relationship that was formerly committing an infidelity and whether the marriage would cause public outrage.

The Queen - she is hardly likely to say after this announcement that she does not give permission!

The Government - they are pro-establishment so won't make any waves.

The Commonwealth - the fifteen countries making up the Commowealth might object to a 'Queen Camilla'.

I would expect there to be a public backlash as there is much hostile feeling towards both of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Breaking news:

Reactions?
    The wedding

:puke: :girlshit: :angel:

Ohhh no it's on my birthday too eeeeeeeek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Breaking news:

Reactions?
    she is pretty damn ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrOdiGy_)
    she is pretty damn ugly
    is she? i have never seen her..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsimony)
    www.google.com

"Camilla Parker-Bowles"

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...170515,00.html
    I say about bloody time. In all likely hood he is going to pass on the crown to William so we can foreget about the whole Queen Camila bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...170515,00.html
    I say about bloody time. In all likely hood he is going to pass on the crown to William so we can foreget about the whole Queen Camila bit.
    oh ..she is just old..not ugly
    prince william? is it that one that had problems with drugs?? nice future king haha )

ReputationRep:
    prince william? is it that one that had problems with drugs?? nice future king haha )
    No William is mister sensible and looks too much like his mother for his own good

ReputationRep:
    no that was prince harry as far as im aware

ReputationRep:
    We dont live in the dark ages anymore.
    Nowerdays people get married and divoreced and then remarry again.
    Its the C21st

Its up to them if they want to marry.

We know it wont replace Diana. But i dont think Camilla should have the title "princess of wales"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    No William is mister sensible and looks too much like his mother for his own good
    oh you just reminded me of one documentary i saw on Discovery..it was kind of scary... there was this bunch if ppl who wanted to investigate the accident around Diana's death..

so William is the "good one"? hmm well then good for you : )

ReputationRep:
    its a bit sad, if its a big formal wedding like we'd expect william to have.
    besides that, couldnt care less

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.