Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by frost105)
    If anything this report suggests that the queen is in touch with what people want in context with the big bash that charles wanted to throw
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...300245,00.html
    Yeah - I've read your link and apparently Sky News are quoting from the Sun newspaper.

I wish the Sun would make up it's mind!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/o,,2-2005080525,00.html

Still, what can we expect from such a rag that thinks it's a credible source of news? :rolleyes:

Oops - not a successful link but you can link on it anyway and press the back button for www.thesun.co.uk to find the story -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Yeah - I've read your link and apparently Sky News are quoting from the Sun newspaper.

I wish the Sun would make up it's mind!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/o,,2-2005080525,00.html

Still, what can we expect from such a rag that thinks it's a credible source of news? :rolleyes:
    OR SKY GOT IT FROM THE SAME SOURCE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Did Henry VIII obtain an annulment from his fourth marriage or was that a divorce?
    It was an annulment - non-consummation and a never dissolved prior agreement for Anne to marry Francis of Lorraine (betrothals were as binding as marriages).

ReputationRep:
    Does no one else find this marriage amazingly convenient.
    Theres a sudden interest in Prince Charles income and spending and then he announces he is going to be married. obviously its going to look better in the eyes of the public if he is spending a fortune on his wife rather than his mistress. Isn't this just a PR exercise again?

Or am I just being a big cynic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Does no one else find this marriage amazingly convenient.
    Theres a sudden interest in Prince Charles income and spending and then he announces he is going to be married. obviously its going to look better in the eyes of the public if he is spending a fortune on his wife rather than his mistress. Isn't this just a PR exercise again?

Or am I just being a big cynic.
    Maybe he's going for a tax break.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just so cynical about the royal family. I do believe Charles and Camilla have a decent relationship I'm not saying thats a stunt but why now?
    And why marry within such a short time frame of announcing it.

Abolish the lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Is there a legal time frame?

ReputationRep:
    No but any royal wedding even one which isn't going to be a big one is usually announced and then theres quite a gap before the ceremony.

ReputationRep:
    No but any royal wedding even one which isn't going to be a big one is usually announced and then theres quite a gap before the ceremony.
    Is that so everybody can prepare for the festivities at home?

[QUOTE=viviki]

Perhaps she's pregnant! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=yawn]

Perhaps she's pregnant! :eek:
    lol, maybe. A bit old I think :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    personally, i feel its fine for them to get married but it would not be right for Charles to take the throne following the marriage. He, as monarch would be the head of the church of england which frowns upon remarriage after divorce. For him as a re-married divorcee to then be a monach would be hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    she mings
    great argument there pal

(Original post by jamieuk20)
    great argument there pal
    Now that's the problem with those who can't understand why one is marrying the other - she is no oil painting but then, neither is he - so I suppose they are well matched!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.