This discussion is closed.
sapphirar
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i've just found out that they're putting up 4 mobile phone masts about 50m from my house..........i'm freakin out..........what do you all think??
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why are you freakin out? they dont hurt u lol
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Erm I don't know enough about the scientifics to say if its safe or not, and I am not going of anything I have read in the media either.

However they are ugly things and I certainly would not want to live near one, they can't do house prices any good.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sapphirar)
i've just found out that they're putting up 4 mobile phone masts about 50m from my house..........i'm freakin out..........what do you all think??
I think that you'll get top notch reception (and if you believe the hype leukemia as well). :eek:
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh kind of scary.. don't they have to ask first if they want to put up something like that?
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How much time do you spend with a phone stuck to your ear?

If the answer is Quite A Lot, then you have no reason to complain. If all the people who campaigned against the things really believed it, then hardly anyone would have a mobile phone. If it's true, using a phone does more damage than a mast next door sending out and recieveing signals.

Really, it's just a phone mast...
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Our uni has them on top of one or two high buildings. Most stadiums also have them in one of the stands.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Tell me something, do you use a mobile phone, do you moan when you cannot get a signal?
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Tell me something, do you use a mobile phone, do you moan when you cannot get a signal?
lol :rolleyes: fair point.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by M-J)
lol :rolleyes: fair point.
It annoys me when people moan that their area doesn't have coverage but then tries to stop any masts being put up.
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
It annoys me when people moan that their area doesn't have coverage but then tries to stop any masts being put up.
it is a tad contrary....
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its the I want it but not in my back yard syndrome (NIMBY).

Planners try and find suitable locations for them but its not always possible and people complain when they get no signal. The mobile phone companies cannot win.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If theyre tall enough they'll put a pretty red light on top
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is EXACLTY why people should live in gated communities, where you can actively campaign to have such pests put in other areas and not affect your views of the countryside
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
I think that you'll get top notch reception (and if you believe the hype leukemia as well).
Sounds like a fair trade-off to me.

But it's not really true - there's a phone mast near my building and my reception is rubbish! I bet I'm going to get the leukemia and not even get the benefits of a good reception :mad:
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
Sounds like a fair trade-off to me.

But it's not really true - there's a phone mast near my building and my reception is rubbish! I bet I'm going to get the leukemia and not even get the benefits of a good reception :mad:
The transmitter may not be used by your network.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
you can actively campaign regardless of where you live.
Gated communities tend to have more clout
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mmmmmright.

Well I speak from personal experience where the residents association of our gated community managed to improve things in our area, things like phone masts for instance (obvious pests)
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You will get decent signal for once?? I have a load about the same distance from me. The only side affects seem to be better mobile signal and headaches. What you complaining about?
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
headaches = pain

pain = body telling you something isn't right.
Hey, least I get to hear my girlfriend clearly. More than makes up, besides I dont really notice the headaches anymore.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads