Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a cricket match tomorrow and I'm sooooooo nervous - I'm the captain and my coach put me as first batswoman on and wicket keeper - I'm nervous as although I have been playing cricket for as long as I can remember as a fun sport, I've never played a formal match before. Just wanted to share my nervousness with TSR! lol - thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyshort4u)
    I got a cricket match tomorrow and I'm sooooooo nervous - I'm the captain and my coach put me as first batswoman on and wicket keeper - I'm nervous as although I have been playing cricket for as long as I can remember as a fun sport, I've never played a formal match before. Just wanted to share my nervousness with TSR! lol - thanx
    Oh cool, you'll be fine! Remember: catches win matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Oh cool, you'll be fine! Remember: catches win matches.
    yup, although I think i'm going to be so nervous I won't even be able to catch

ReputationRep:
    yup, although I think i'm going to be so nervous I won't even be able to catch
    Nah, you'll have adrenalin pumping as well. I love cricket, haven't played in a year or two though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you'll have adrenalin pumping as well. I love cricket, haven't played in a year or two though.
    It's such a fun game - if and when you come to India, you can play a lot of cricket - Indians think Cricket is THEIR game - lol!

ReputationRep:
    It's such a fun game - if and when you come to India, you can play a lot of cricket - Indians think Cricket is THEIR game - lol!
    Yeah I am going to see if there's any cricket going on when I come. I'm a big fan. I do associate Cricket with India actually.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am going to see if there's any cricket going on when I come. I'm a big fan. I do associate Cricket with India actually.
    lol - doesnt everyone? lol - But I lived in London for 17 years of my life and I've been a cricket fan for like forever! lol - I love it - but then again I have two sides to me - I can be the biggest girlie girl in the world - and then I have my tomboy side. I play cricket, I've been playing soccer since I was little and been in all the girls soccer teams and I've also been in the girls basketball team for like forever! however, Cricket is the one that tires me out the least...If you do come to South India, then let me know and I'll take you around to the cricket stadiums etc

ReputationRep:
    its a tradition, you come from south asia and you gotta love cricket... its probably a law now. Im from pakistan n i love it too! But hey the season is starting in 2 months why are you playing a match now in the cold??
    Good luck for tomorow!

P.S- do you play with a real ball or a softer substitute?

ReputationRep:
    wow a chick who plays cricket...unheard of

Yep and they are the best at it (alkeada may have something to say about that. lol). Are you playing for school, do you live in India? I havent never played a proper match, but played loads at school and in park messing about and have been to watch loads of international matches (mainly when India come over)...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.