This discussion is closed.
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i dont want to go to school anymore? i havent been going in recently and im really unhappy being there, i know its only a few months till its over but my school isnt haveing study leave so its not like i have a break from it, and i dont learn in school, i also got in trouble for walking out of a lesson and that just tipped me off, i still want to do my gcse's i just dont wanna go to school anymore,

i wanna talk about this properly with them but i know there gonna be like what happening there? did you fall out with someone....the usuall. i just cant take all the crap from the teachers anymore and when my friend asked me why i wasnt in school i said i find it hard to come in she laughed, which didnt help.

how could i start it up with them? cos my parents are gonna be really angrey when i tell them i havent been going to school let alone i dont wanna go in anymore, and plus my parents are never in the same room without an argument starting up.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Write it all down on a piece of paper I am not terribly great at direct verbal communication, especially in this situation, and I find that writing a letter always helps me get my point across.
canuck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
i dont want to go to school anymore? i havent been going in recently and im really unhappy being there, i know its only a few months till its over but my school isnt haveing study leave so its not like i have a break from it, and i dont learn in school, i also got in trouble for walking out of a lesson and that just tipped me off, i still want to do my gcse's i just dont wanna go to school anymore,

i wanna talk about this properly with them but i know there gonna be like what happening there? did you fall out with someone....the usuall. i just cant take all the crap from the teachers anymore and when my friend asked me why i wasnt in school i said i find it hard to come in she laughed, which didnt help.

how could i start it up with them? cos my parents are gonna be really angrey when i tell them i havent been going to school let alone i dont wanna go in anymore, and plus my parents are never in the same room without an argument starting up.
tell them you are going to school at TSR, then they will really thing you have lost it. Dropping out is idiotic
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you could say

"mum, dad, i don't want to go to school anymore"
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Write down all the reasons for why you hate school and all the things that you like/dont mind and that way you can have a decent conversation with them. Or mayve approach a teacher that you like and talk to them.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

what are your plans for after your GCSEs?

I did mine like 4-5 years ago and im still in education for this year, and probably next year too.
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

It was you that was asking for solutions about bunking etc right??? Why don't you go back to that thread and see the solutions on how to stop your bunking. Yes, if i was your mother I would be peed off at you but then you need to just be straight with them and tell them exactly what's going on. However, I suggest you stick at it as hard as it may seem. without GCSE's you get no where and if you're having trouble going to school and if your procrastinating from school work, then if you got home schooling, you'd procrastinate even more...I say stick at it GG!

Love Ladyshort
Natalie Lane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Before talking to them, do you actually have a plan of what you're going to do after leaving school, I'm sure they'd be very interested in that...
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
Before talking to them, do you actually have a plan of what you're going to do after leaving school, I'm sure they'd be very interested in that...
i do want to go to college, and i do still want to do my gcse's
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Make a list of why you don't want to go to school, and then see if there are ways to solve them. If you really can't think of any solutions, the approach your parents with the list
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Like you said you only have a few months left. It may be difficult but you really should just stick it out. It will be worth it in the long run when you leave with lotsa GCSE's and can do really well in the future.
Natalie Lane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i do want to go to college, and i do still want to do my gcse's
so if you're serious about leaving you're school then come up with a decent plan that includes where else are you going to study, easy transportation, (price too... obviously), what are you going to study and so on...
I think you have a better chance of convincing them if you prove that you've thought this through and it isn't just a bit of teenage angst that resulted in a sudden whim...
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is this year 11 (final year of gcse's)?
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well if want to get good gardes and stay on to go to college then uni, how do u plan on doing so without going to school? It seems like your just being lazy and cant be bothered to go in, which we all feel like sometimes but just get on with it.
ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
Like you said you only have a few months left. It may be difficult but you really should just stick it out. It will be worth it in the long run when you leave with lotsa GCSE's and can do really well in the future.
Totally agree. if u want to go to college, then just deal with these nxt couple of months and u can do. If not, u may regret it for the rest of ur life. Once u leave school, i don't imagine it is too easy to take it up again further down the line when u change ur mind!

Just think CAREFULLY
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Er if you cant cope with school ,how are you going to deal with college? You probably have to apply yourself more and be more responsible for yourself at college. School lets face it ,is a doddle. But yeah do what you want . How you deal with your perentals I do not know. Sorry.
lost_puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was in the exact same situation then you, but then I was diagnosed as depressive...

This was a few months before the GCSEs started, and my attendance just dropped horribly. And I won't reprimand you for such a big gap of absence; once you start a low attendance rate, with people will be bugging you constantly.

What I did was stay at home, buy all the textbooks, and just worked for those few months coming up to the exams. I didn't do spectacularly, but I'm still in the same school (but 6th form), and people aren't treating me as a leper as much now

But seriously, I found it amazingly stressful and wanted to give up many times. I also gave up all my art and music commitments to which I worked so hard towards, really regretting it now

it's only a few months, try to perservere; it'll help for when you go to college and uni later on.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I think first you need to prove you have some element of self discipline.

You'd best prepare your proposition for what you want to do [home schooling?]
Has the panda always rolled about?
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
Er if you cant cope with school ,how are you going to deal with college? You probably have to apply yourself more and be more responsible for yourself at college. School lets face it ,is a doddle. But yeah do what you want . How you deal with your perentals I do not know. Sorry.
Also depends on what aspect of school life she is hating. Although college is harder academically I personally found college so much better than school. More enjoyable lessons as they are lessons you have chosen yourself and not lessons that you are made to do. Better social facilities (free lessons, parties, etc) it's not constant work, work, work. The people are loads nicer than at school as everyone wants to do well at college where at school you got the idiots who didn't care about school and ruined it for the others. I found college a much more relaxed atmosphere so I suppose it depends on what she is hating at school as to whether college will be better or worse for her. Then again I might be the only person who liked college a lot better than school.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
yes (:
Righto. The twitching ears is a trick I want to perfect myself. Anyway....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads