Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    define plummy?!?!
    It sounds more like the accent widely spoken around Home counties, as of Hugh Grant.

Sounds more like you are speaking while having "plum" in your mouth & hence the name "plummy".

ReputationRep:
    ah i see...why thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j4mes_bond25)
    It sounds more like the accent widely spoken around Home counties, as of Hugh Grant.

Sounds more like you are speaking while having "plum" in your mouth & hence the name "plummy".
    I wouldn't say I have a plummy accent as such but I am always told that I sound fairly posh. I think it is that I just don't have much of an accent so I sound posh to people who do lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    okay, going to obviously show my inexperience.....teabagging?!?
    shall i pm you my dear and taint your innocence?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Won't you feel a bit fake though i.e. not letting yourself speak naturally but havin it put on etc
    What you said makes sense, but then again, I'm quite willing to take this blame of being "fake", as what matters most to me is to have this accent, as few jobs often ask for having an "accent", OTHER THAN the regional Midland accent (as there seems NOT much demand for such accent, I'm afraid).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    oh so i was right to assume i was showing my innocence..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    ah i see...why thank you.
    Pleasure is all mine, honey (still LESS pleasurable than the pleasure you OFTEN experience with Whip & Handcuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...teabagging&r=f

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j4mes_bond25)
    What you said makes sense, but then again, I'm quite willing to take this blame of being "fake", as what matters most to me is to have this accent, as few jobs often ask for having an "accent", OTHER THAN the regional Midland accent (as there seems NOT much demand for such accent, I'm afraid).
    What jobs ever ask for certain accents? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    no need for that, i told her in private. Naughty naughty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    no need for that, i told her in private. Naughty naughty.
    Don't be so prude. Honestly, where is the Surrey girl within you ??

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so prude. Honestly, where is the Surrey girl within you ??
    if i was a prude, i wouldn't know what it was. As it is, it is an activity in which i regularly engage. So there.

ReputationRep:
    What jobs ever ask for certain accents? :confused:
    Couple of my friends are in Multimedia course & were sent to do recording for BBC as a part of their coursework. There they came across that News readers on BBC have to have RP accent.

Not that I'm saying, I fancy using this accent as a News reader (however, working with a weather girl, would do no harm, I should imagine), but that was merely an example of job asking for an accent.

I've been in touch with my local Citizens Advice Bureau & lets see if they can be of any help in providing me with the information, I need.

Furthermore, I'm also in touch with few theatre, as if they can be possibly provide me with any help/contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    if i was a prude, i wouldn't know what it was. As it is, it is an activity in which i regularly engage. So there.
    Do you feel you are well experienced in that activity?

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel you are well experienced in that activity?
    yes, as i have stated. oral adventure is the spice of life.

ReputationRep:
    why thank you grace.....the school wouldnt let me look at the dictionary def.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    why thank you grace.....the school wouldnt let me look at the dictionary def.....
    anytime, dearest. pleased i could be of service.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    yes, as i have stated. oral adventure is the spice of life.
    So whereabouts are you in Surrey?

ReputationRep:
    But don't you think that the scotum is quite possibly one of the most unattractive body parts??

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.