This discussion is closed.
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Was there an occupation that was common amongst the pupils parents at your school? Just wondering.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nope.

civil servants, church ministers, artists, farmers, teachers...

not a common one as such
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Personally my father is director of a company - Island based travel company hovertravel. I dunno if there is a common occupation of parents at my school. Theres mostly a lot of hotel owners and people working within the tourism industry.
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ex miners was probably the most common at my school considering my area is all mining villages. Obviously that was only the fathers. Not too sure about the mothers. House wives for most of the people I know. Or part time jobs in shops/factories.
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
old school and primary school - none particularly, mostly blue collar. a lot of people worked in the nearby paper factory.
current school - seems to be a predominately doctors, then lawyers, businessmen, accountants. etc
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
(Original post by sleepyeba)
old school and primary school - none particularly, mostly blue collar. a lot of people worked in the nearby paper factory.
current school - seems to be a predominately doctors, then lawyers, businessmen, accountants. etc
ha doctors always marry doctors and breed more doctors. Their gene pool just keeps getting better and better.
Peppi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mum is a cival servant
dad is a milk man
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if i told you i would have to kill you.
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
ha doctors always marry doctors and breed more doctors. Their gene pool just keeps getting better and better.
you know, that is rather true. example: one of my friends wants to be a doctor. both of her parents are doctors...

i disagree with the gene pool getting better and better though. surely if they keep marrying doctors only they will become inbred?

i think architects are the coolest people. i wish i could be one
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my mums a special needs teacher and my dad has his own business being an acrhitect lol (sp?)
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PrOdiGy_)
if i told you i would have to kill you.
You remind me of someone.
Hm..
Leeds. Male. Calls themself "prodigy". Must be a grammar school boy.

..."I wouldn't touch her with a bargepole." :rolleyes:
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
you know, that is rather true. example: one of my friends wants to be a doctor. both of her parents are doctors...

i disagree with the gene pool getting better and better though. surely if they keep marrying doctors only they will become inbred?

Inbred nah. Plus doctor on doctor breeding pretty much gaurantees intellegence. :cool:
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
my mums a special needs teacher and my dad has his own business being an acrhitect lol (sp?)
Architect I wanted to be one for about a month last year until I did work experience and nearly melted under the pressure for creativity. They gave me a project to do. I just wanted to write an essay, not draw plans I so wanted a slidy ruler drawing board.
Bilal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

ma parents aren't docs and i'm a wannabe doc.
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
Inbred nah. Plus doctor on doctor breeding pretty much gaurantees intellegence. :cool:
:rolleyes: A stab in the dark: Ann, are you in training/going to apply to be a doctor?
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Architect I wanted to be one for about a month last year until I did work experience and nearly melted under the pressure for creativity. They gave me a project to do. I just wanted to write an essay, not draw plans I so wanted a slidy ruler drawing board.
lol my dad has two of those in his office, hes trying to get CAD a the emo
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
:rolleyes: A stab in the dark: Ann, are you in training/going to apply to be a doctor?
Er ...no.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Um church ministers, and churchy people in general. The main school bit fo my sixth form is CofE.
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My Dad's a Doctor, and I'm studing medicine. However, I really want to be a train-driver. But that won't happen.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, my father is a special needs teacher, ICT co-ordinator, exams secretary and privite tutor.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads