Post-Grad degree's at oxbridge/lse

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
could anybody give me some general information about these as i found the oxford site quite unhelpful, it's more specific's such as funding i'm after, differences between pg and ug if anyone has any experience of this yet

just general comments really, competitiveness trying to get on them etc
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
could anybody give me some general information about these as i found the oxford site quite unhelpful, it's more specific's such as funding i'm after, differences between pg and ug if anyone has any experience of this yet

just general comments really, competitiveness trying to get on them etc
*Absolutely* everything varies...you need to be waaaaay more specific, only then will you get any meaningful response.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
*Absolutely* everything varies...you need to be waaaaay more specific, only then will you get any meaningful response.
hehe okay:
-funding, costs
-difficulty getting into (applicants per place, standards, anything that would benefit me in applying)
-pg experience of uni, relations with ug's and general uni life
-accomodation-do you stay in halls or are you expected to find your own accomodation
-are you given much support from the uni?

i think that will do, help?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hehe okay:
-funding, costs
-difficulty getting into (applicants per place, standards, anything that would benefit me in applying)
-accomodation-do you stay in halls or are you expected to find your own accomodation

oh and do they give preference to applicants from their own uni's or do they claim to be unbiased? (i'm at notts)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
When it comes to PG courses and funding http://www.prospects.ac.uk is a great help - it gives potential funding sources for both PGR and PGT (research and taught) courses especially where there is potential funding from a reseach council...it's also a good place to get a clearer idea about PG student life etc etc.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hehe okay:
-funding, costs

Depends on *what* you want to study. It can get very very competitive at those Universities. Those are the only three competitive grad schools. In a lot of the popular departments at Oxbridge, LSE....there's no change without a first class honours.

Yes, massive university preference, they DO prefer their own, however othe universities of comparable quality are given priority too.

J.S.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
When it comes to PG courses and funding http://www.prospects.ac.uk is a great help - it gives potential funding sources for both PGR and PGT (research and taught) courses especially where there is potential funding from a reseach council...it's also a good place to get a clearer idea about PG student life etc etc.
thats great thanks very much!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Depends on *what* you want to study. It can get very very competitive at those Universities. Those are the only three competitive grad schools. In a lot of the popular departments at Oxbridge, LSE....there's no change without a first class honours.

Yes, massive university preference, they DO prefer their own, however othe universities of comparable quality are given priority too.

J.S.
i was hoping to do the mphil in international relations but that appears to be one of the most competitive ones,damn,ah well i'll see nearer the time and cross my fingers

thanks again
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
i was hoping to do the mphil in international relations but that appears to be one of the most competitive ones,damn,ah well i'll see nearer the time and cross my fingers

thanks again
Yes....very, esp at LSE/Oxbridge. First class seems to be minimum...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (571)
50%
No (571)
50%

Watched Threads