Does the uni do the course? Watch

This discussion is closed.
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have applied for the computing course at brighton along with other other courses and i have heard from the other two but not the computing course. I think my friend has recieved his acceptance for all three courses including the computing one whereas i have only heard from two and not the computing one.

The course is listed on the UCAS website under Brighton Uni but brighton uni do not have it on their own site.

Any ideas what is happening?
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think the uni hasn't updated their profile of courses on UCAS yet.
james101
Rep:
?
so when will they send me a letter about whether they have accepted me? it has been a week since i got my two other acceptance letters.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not sure. You can contact the university though.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
I have applied for the computing course at brighton along with other other courses and i have heard from the other two but not the computing course. I think my friend has recieved his acceptance for all three courses including the computing one whereas i have only heard from two and not the computing one.

The course is listed on the UCAS website under Brighton Uni but brighton uni do not have it on their own site.

Any ideas what is happening?
Best bet is to ring the university and ask them.
james101
Rep:
?
hi went onto the ucas site and did the track thing. it had unsuccessful or whatever it said for the computing course, when i did the course search on the ucas website it was no longer listed under brighton university, does this mean they dont do it anymore and thats why it is down as being unsuccessful?

how confusing.
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, if they have replied to you, they must still do the course. They usually write to you, to tell you they have discontinued the course, this has happened with a few of my friends.
james101
Rep:
?
they havent sent me a letter or anything about the course only an acceptance letter for the other two courses i applied for there.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
they havent sent me a letter or anything about the course only an acceptance letter for the other two courses i applied for there.
Maybe you did just get rejected...

Very sorry if you did
james101
Rep:
?
why would i? it has the same requirements as the other two courses at the uni and i have recieved the letter fot those. why havent i got a rejection letter yet then? also why isnt the course on the ucas website any more? it was never on brighton unis site which is why i belive they dont so it.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why don't you phone the uni and see? The postal service is unreliable, so they may've sent you a letter and you haven't got it. But they may just be taking their time
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
why would i? it has the same requirements as the other two courses at the uni and i have recieved the letter fot those. why havent i got a rejection letter yet then? also why isnt the course on the ucas website any more? it was never on brighton unis site which is why i belive they dont so it.
Who knows what is going on..these admissions proceedures can be odd things. Might be lost in post, might be slow, might be still deciding..phone them in the morning or send an email or something
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads