This discussion is closed.
special k
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
hey valiant efforts to keep the thread going, sorry we've been a bit lax and let it slip , its jsut that well MUN is no more for us plus i have the mighty scary issue of fast approaching a levels - they r no fun i can tell you!

to the american guy- thats really cool, i'm in my last year at Cheadle but i'm havin a year out so i'll probably be kickin around school at some point - how old is ur friend comin over here? u shud get them to join TSR and we'll give them all the gossip on the teachers and stuff!

xxx stef
Ribomania
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by special k)
hey valiant efforts to keep the thread going, sorry we've been a bit lax and let it slip , its jsut that well MUN is no more for us plus i have the mighty scary issue of fast approaching a levels - they r no fun i can tell you!

to the american guy- thats really cool, i'm in my last year at Cheadle but i'm havin a year out so i'll probably be kickin around school at some point - how old is ur friend comin over here? u shud get them to join TSR and we'll give them all the gossip on the teachers and stuff!

xxx stef
He y u got a-levels ha ha ha ha.

I have no exams suck on that he he he

lol Josh :rolleyes:
Longshoredrift80
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You live in Latvia...

:p:
special k
Report 15 years ago
Joash that is just evil - ur just jealous cos after June 30th i'll never have to drag my butt out of bed at some ridiculous hour on a cold wet monday morning to sit in some crappy lesson listenin to some crappy techer swotting for some crappy exam!

:P
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JonathanH)
You live in Latvia...

:p:
MMMhmmm lol I live in sunny gorgeous RAINING (Ha mum i'm in England) Latvia. But i'm at school in Somerset.

And yes stef i am deadly evily jealous of u. Grr.. :mad:
rising_heat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I just searched for MUN and found this thread that seems a bit dormant. I know I'm being a lil bit ahead of schedule but does anyone do MUN hee and will they do it nxt year..... if so what conferences will people attend?
rising_heat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hello everyone sorry for repaeting this but I was told some MUNers posted on here, can anyone point me in hteir direction.........

Most of the posters from this thread don't post often or haven't for ages..... I've PMed most of them.....
bluebird
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hi,

I will be attending Royal Russell, the Hague, Haileybury and possibly Paris. MUN is great fun and is an excellent way to build up both public speaking and debating skills. It is also a way of understanding and learning about the problems that face our world today. I hope that you attend some of these conferences and if you are planning to do so then do post your delegation nearer the time. If you need any other technical information then just post.

Good Luck
nicolesusername
Report 15 years ago
next year my school will be attending bismun in bath, england.
bluebird
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nicolesusername)
next year my school will be attending bismun in bath, england.
Never knew there was as MUN in Bath. Is this at the university? What school do u go to?
Cthulhufiend
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The MUN in Bath is held at Kingswood school.

Anyone going to Reigate?
nicolesusername
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bluebird)
Never knew there was as MUN in Bath. Is this at the university? What school do u go to?
eek sorry it took so long i go to a school called wachusett im from america ahha
-sophie-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Meeeee I'm going to Riegate! I'm excited too! What country are you?
Cthulhufiend
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Brazil, committee two. I'm wondering whether to go as a Rastafarian. :P Which country are you?
-sophie-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cthulhufiend)
Brazil, committee two. I'm wondering whether to go as a Rastafarian. :P Which country are you?
I got to your school catherine!!! I'm JAMACIA!!
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hello y'all, another year of debating dawns. Where is anyone off to, especially, NY, Dublin Bath and all the UK conferences (we are attending most of them....)
JakeR
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nicolesusername)
eek sorry it took so long i go to a school called wachusett im from america ahha
dude i used to go skiing there all the time. i live like 45 minutes from you.

haha, i'm gonna cry from reading this post!! everyone is all "im going to paris, and germany, and the hague, and all these wonderful diverse places that rock" and mine is like "UH!!! BUDGET CUTS!! NO TRIP LAST YEAR!!! WE'LL DO A DEBATE WITH OURSELVES!!! UHHH!!! MAYBE NEXT YEAR KIDS!!!!" hahahaha. damnit!! i'm so f***ing jelous of you guys!!!!
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JakeR)
dude i used to go skiing there all the time. i live like 45 minutes from you.

haha, i'm gonna cry from reading this post!! everyone is all "im going to paris, and germany, and the hague, and all these wonderful diverse places that rock" and mine is like "UH!!! BUDGET CUTS!! NO TRIP LAST YEAR!!! WE'LL DO A DEBATE WITH OURSELVES!!! UHHH!!! MAYBE NEXT YEAR KIDS!!!!" hahahaha. damnit!! i'm so f***ing jelous of you guys!!!!
I have a course of action. Ask whatever conference you are going to for a bursary or write to the Hague office and say this is the situation can there be any help for us?
bluebird
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im going to Dublin. Do we have to stay with Irish families?
JakeR
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
tommarow is the first MUN meeting of the year at my school, i stopped going halfway through the year last year cause it's lame at my school and it doesnt do anything. but there's a meeting tommarow at 7:20am!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (66)
41.77%
Take autumn exams (54)
34.18%
Look for a job (4)
2.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.53%
Take a year out (21)
13.29%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.7%

Watched Threads