Turn on thread page Beta

Model United Nations watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebird)
    Im going to Dublin. Do we have to stay with Irish families?
    1. No
    2. But its cheaper
    3. But the Youth Hostels rock in Temple Bar (****** Centre Dubs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeR)
    tommarow is the first MUN meeting of the year at my school, i stopped going halfway through the year last year cause it's lame at my school and it doesnt do anything. but there's a meeting tommarow at 7:20am!
    haha heyy glad to hear u go skiiing at wachusett.. all my friends work there and ive been up there a couple times but i dont really like skiing or snowboarding so i try to stay away ahah. but if ur school doesnt do anything for model un and ur located in boston - u shud tell ur advisor about the northeastern conference. we go every year - its a great conference, especially for inexperienced clubs. im almost positive that the conference allows schools who dont have much money designated towards model un to go.. idk how or what the situation is but i think that they work soemthing out.. i know last year there were clubs there that northeastern was the only conference they went to and i dont think they had to pay for it. but even if u do have to pay for it - its the cheapest conference around. i wanna say its like 50 bucks a person. and that pays for all ur meals, where u stay, u dont need transportation.. basically everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolesusername)
    haha heyy glad to hear u go skiiing at wachusett.. all my friends work there and ive been up there a couple times but i dont really like skiing or snowboarding so i try to stay away ahah. but if ur school doesnt do anything for model un and ur located in boston - u shud tell ur advisor about the northeastern conference. we go every year - its a great conference, especially for inexperienced clubs. im almost positive that the conference allows schools who dont have much money designated towards model un to go.. idk how or what the situation is but i think that they work soemthing out.. i know last year there were clubs there that northeastern was the only conference they went to and i dont think they had to pay for it. but even if u do have to pay for it - its the cheapest conference around. i wanna say its like 50 bucks a person. and that pays for all ur meals, where u stay, u dont need transportation.. basically everything.
    is the northeastern conference at harvard? i think we're going to that one

or maybe it's mit....one of those 2

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to MUNCH?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeR)
    is the northeastern conference at harvard? i think we're going to that one

or maybe it's mit....one of those 2
    haha uhh no the northeastern conference is at northeastern. the harvard conference is at harvard. harvards in december & northeasterns in may. hahaha annd the mit conference is a collab with boston university. that conference is in february @ bu. i think were going to that one

ReputationRep:
    Come on somebody must be going to the manchester MUN in cheadle hulme?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to BEIMUN (in Beijing) and THIMUN (The Hague) this year!

ReputationRep:
    NOOO SURELY SOMEONE IS GOING TO MUNCH???? Oh dear me! NO TSR friends comming out to play!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to BISMUN this year? Is there an after party??

ReputationRep:
    im from cheadle hulme school n i did go to MUNCH!!!!

Was UAE in HR

What were you? IM also going to BISMUN and am curious about issues an of course after partis!!! anyone know anything?

alex xxx

ReputationRep:
    I was Sudan in Political. I think the party at BISMUN last year was unofficial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -sophie-)
    Anyone going to BISMUN this year? Is there an after party??
    Hell yes, and for the second, yes we have a house on site, at the top of the hill, thats owned by a m8 thats huge and the after party is there

--------------

(Original post by Cthulhufiend)
    I was Sudan in Political. I think the party at BISMUN last year was unofficial.
    I can't even remember what country I was, I think I may have been Bahrain, nd I won Young Delegate...

ReputationRep:
    CHS is going to BISMUN and SAIMUN this year, anyone know any details about BATH, COMMITTEES / ISSUES ETC. wE HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosyposy)
    hello all! thought ide start this thread for model united nations people... is anybody going to bath MUN? or St. Andrews? nothing wrong with early lobbying haha. ive been to bath before, its good...my topics arent over great this year though..
    what conferences has anyone been to and what did u think? we (Cheadle Hulme School) had our own a while back...

hi ! I would like to go to Bath 2006. Do you know when the conference takes place??? By now I am really desperate because I can't find the exact dates! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to SPIMUN in russia this year?!

ReputationRep:
    no i'd love to...when r the dates

ReputationRep:
    we've made a new website/ forum :http://forums.mun-ch.co.uk/index.php

can discuss other conferences too!

come n register!!

alex xxx

ReputationRep:
    its from march 19 - 22

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here going to LIMUN in February?

ReputationRep:
    NOOO SURELY SOMEONE IS GOING TO MUNCH???? Oh dear me! NO TSR friends comming out to play
    Lol, I was there - Egypt in Political commitee. Committee. Psh, stupid word And yeah, coming to BISMUN 2006! (thanks for the dates, Nicole, you saved me the long walk over to my desk...) I'll be Egypt, Middle Eastern committee. Anyone else? If so, what committees (gah) are youse all representing?

-Satis

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.